Non-motoring > Black Friday looming Buying / Selling
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 3

Black Friday looming - legacylad
Anyone got plans for any purchases?
My perfectly adequate 6yo 37'' TV might be replaced. I plan to stay in more come the winter nights, and spend less time in the village pub, so I'm trying to convince myself that what I save in beer tokens will contribute towards a larger idiots lantern.
Hopefully common sense will prevail and the status quo will remain unchanged
 Black Friday looming - mikeyb
Ahhhh, but if you stay in that's extra electricity and heating being used :-)
 Black Friday looming - Dog
I'm been attempting to throw away £10k on an old jalopy but I just can't seem to find one which rings my bells and floats my boat (I almost bought a CR-V on Monday!!)

Might even gofer another later-model Forester if I can find a decent one - s'not easy ya know.
 Black Friday looming - martin aston
Legacy, I've just bitten the bullet and last weekend upgraded my aged 40" Sony HD flatscreen with a Panasonic 50" 4K Smart model at £690. About the same as the Sony cost originally.

What a difference! The overall set size is not a lot more as the screen surround is so slim. But the picture (SD and HD, not got a 4k service yet) is so much better. They've come along way in the last few years. You might find that "perfectly adequate" no longer cuts it.

I did consider waiting for Black Friday but as I wanted a specific popular model I reckoned it was not a big risk to buy now.

Look at it this way, by taking the money off deposit, I am only foregoing about a tenner a year in interest. That's "man maths" for you............the best kind when you want to splash out!

Get those beer tokens out!
Latest Forum Posts