Non-motoring > Evil Murders Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 32

Evil Murders - MD
What do the panel make of the sentencing?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37941236
Last edited by: MD on Thu 10 Nov 16 at 21:24
 Evil Murders - sooty123
Probably about right i reckon. The judges name rings a few bells, from what I know of people that i worked him he's very switched on.
 Evil Murders - MD
Why should they ever be released?
 Evil Murders - zippy
If they are deemed to be a danger to society, they won't be and I hope that they never will be released.

The usual blood thirsty mob on the Mail are calling for their execution!
Last edited by: zippy on Thu 10 Nov 16 at 22:44
 Evil Murders - Dutchie
Not a bad idea to excecute these two.
 Evil Murders - zippy
>> Not a bad idea to excecute these two.
>>

Could you imagine the field day that certain papers would have if this were to be the case - it would be revolting beyond belief!

Anyway, it is illegal to execute minors under The Convention on the Rights of the Child which prohibits capital punishment for children. Every major country in the world has signed the treaty and all save the USA have ratified it. It is therefore a crime under international law to execute a child. As I understand it, the treaty also extends to crimes committed as a child but prosecuted as an adult.
 Evil Murders - CGNorwich
>> Not a bad idea to excecute these two.

>> Yes it is. It is an appalling uncivilised and barbaric idea that would demean us all.
 Evil Murders - sooty123
>> Why should they ever be released?
>>

I doubt they will. However it's not some thing that i get over excited about.
 Evil Murders - sooty123
When crime and punishment comes, i nearly always end up thinking of this line. Where would we be without the simpsons for social commentary?

Smithers: "That Simpsons boy is looking at 180 years."

Burns: "Thank God we live in a country so hysterical over crime that a ten year old can be tried as an adult."

Evil Murders - Fullchat
This has a ring of the Jamie Bulger murder :(
 Evil Murders - Pat

Doesn't make it anymore understandable but I think there's so much more to this than we know.......and possibly don't want to know.

Pat

Last edited by: R.P. on Fri 11 Nov 16 at 18:00
 Evil Murders - rtj70
I don't think any of us will every understand how someone could have done this. If the rumour is true, it doesn't really change much.

The two of them are unlikely to be released. You'd hope not anyway.
 Evil Murders - zippy
Last edited by: zippy on Fri 11 Nov 16 at 16:37
 Evil Murders - Pat
Would the person who gave me a scowly face for that post care to explain why because it baffles me?

Pat
 Evil Murders - zippy
>> Would the person who gave me a scowly face for that post care to explain
>> why because it baffles me?
>>
>> Pat
>>

I confess to the first one Pat but as a note to the moderators because it could get the forum in to trouble in even going partly down the route of identifying the murderers.

I deleted my post above as I got caught up in the sensationalism of the suggestion but thought better of it!
Last edited by: zippy on Fri 11 Nov 16 at 16:56
 Evil Murders - Pat
There's no liability there Zippy, that's why I worded it carefully and haven't repeated any other local rumours which I believe may be true.

Thanks for admitting it though.

Pat
 Evil Murders - R.P.
Pat - very risky mate - hope you don't mind but it will have to go.
 Evil Murders - Pat
Don't mind at all PU, I would allow it on our forums but it's your call and I fully respect that.

Pat
Last edited by: Pat on Fri 11 Nov 16 at 18:03
 Evil Murders - rtj70
I think it's risky for Pat personally and potentially the site. I agree it should have been removed.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 11 Nov 16 at 18:16
 Evil Murders - Manatee
>> This has a ring of the Jamie Bulger murder :(

Presumably in the sense that the identities of the convicted ones are well known, and should they ever be released they will need new identities anyway, as Robert Thomson and Jon Venables were.

Sadly that led indirectly to the suicide of an unconnected man who was persecuted becuase he was suspected of being Thompson.
 Evil Murders - Fullchat
I was thinking more in terms of how people so young could commit such acts of violence.
 Evil Murders - rtj70
But they were nowhere near as young as those that murdered Bulger. These certainly knew what they were doing was wrong, evil,.... choose your words.

The Bulger killers also should have known at their younger age too of course.
 Evil Murders - VxFan
And yet this woman only gets 3 yrs for causing the death of her child!

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-37952764
 Evil Murders - zippy
>> And yet this woman only gets 3 yrs for causing the death of her child!
>>
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-37952764
>>

I don't think there is any comparison between these two awful events. She is in prison for being stupid not evil.
 Evil Murders - MD
>> >> And yet this woman only gets 3 yrs for causing the death of her
>> child!
>> >>
>> >> www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-37952764
>> >>
>>
>> I don't think there is any comparison between these two awful events. She is in
>> prison for being stupid not evil.
>>
The item states she had been drinking on the morning of the child's death.

She deserves longer inside. Pratt.
 Evil Murders - Manatee
Surely there's no comparison between premeditated murder (x2) and the causing the death of a child by negligence, tragic as it is.
 Evil Murders - VxFan
Have we suddenly stopped thread drift?

I'm not saying there is any comparison, but it's still a loss of life regardless.

And 3 yrs (where she'll be probably out in 18 mths) vs 20 yrs minimum. Where's the justice in that?
 Evil Murders - zippy
ÀAre you suggesting that any non accidental death should have similar penalties?

Theirs was premeditated with a plan to bring harm, hers was being thoughtless for 10 minutes with terrible consequences but she did not mean to harm anyone! I suspected that she is filled with remorse over what she did and the "pair" couldn't give a toss over the greif that they caused!

Should anyone that causes death be locked up for life regardless of the circumstances?
Last edited by: zippy on Sat 12 Nov 16 at 20:53
 Evil Murders - CGNorwich
Which is of course the reason why one case was murder and the other was the lesser offence of manslaughter.
 Evil Murders - Bromptonaut
>> And 3 yrs (where she'll be probably out in 18 mths) vs 20 yrs minimum.
>> Where's the justice in that?

Would you follow the same 'loss of a life regardless' logic for a RTA caused by inattention?
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Sat 12 Nov 16 at 21:41
 Evil Murders - Dutchie
If you lock up people for ever regarding a RTA you will be needing a lot more prisons.

Punishment for RTA's are very light.Moblie phone use,inatentive driving.

A lorry driver a few months ago killed a women and child going through a red light taking a turn into a supermarket here in Hull.What do you? lock him up and throw the key away which he deserves.A guess, licence loss and max five years in the nick.
 Evil Murders - Lygonos
Death by Dangerous Driving carries a maximum of around 14yrs I think.
 Evil Murders - zippy
As I understand it, causing death whilst driving used to be treated as manslaughter but juries refused to convict hence the change in law to a separate offence.
Latest Forum Posts