Non-motoring > Staples. Another high street shop to vanish Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 4

Staples. Another high street shop to vanish - VxFan
www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38013806

I think the last thing I bought from them was my Epson printer 4 or 5 years ago. Only reason was that PC World (next door) didn't have any left and Staples price matched PCW's offer.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 18 Nov 16 at 13:13
 Staples. Another high street shop to vanish - Crankcase
I know it shouldn't be an issue, because I'm sure every niche has its own language. Surgeons will use language in a different manner to pilots, or whatever.

But boy, this makes me squirm. Come along Shira, in English, if you're talking to the press, surely?

“Agreeing to sell our UK retail business to Hilco aligns with our go-forward strategy of focusing on our North American and mid-market business, and is a meaningful step in that process,” said Shira Goodman, chief executive officer and president, Staples.

“In addition, we continue to make good progress in evaluating strategic alternatives for the remainder of Staples Europe, which will let us streamline our operations, sharpen our focus and more aggressively pursue our mid-market growth strategy.”
 Staples. Another high street shop to vanish - sooty123

>> But boy, this makes me squirm. Come along Shira, in English, if you're talking to
>> the press, surely?

I think it means 'we can make more money elsewhere'
 Staples. Another high street shop to vanish - CGNorwich
Oh how I am so glad not to have to read stuff like that any more.

Have just been sorting out the garage and deciding what's for the tip or or as Shira would say evaluating strategic alternatives for reorganising and revaluing storage operations in order to aggressively pursue a policy of maximum space utilisation on an ongoing basis.
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Fri 18 Nov 16 at 14:12
 Staples. Another high street shop to vanish - sooty123
I bought a TV a couple of months ago from them. They were cheapest by a way, muct have had a load of excess stock. Only came with a 1 yr warrenty but cheap enough not worry about it.
Latest Forum Posts