Non-motoring > Amazon Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 9

Amazon - Pat
Over the last couple of months I've ordered a few times from Amazon and have 'One Click' turned on.

I always search for cheapest with P&P first.

When I click to buy something advertising a price with free delivery I find that when I check the order I have usually been charged around £3+ extra for postage.

No matter how I try the other delivery options there is still a delivery charge.

In all cases I have cancelled the order and used Ebay where at least if it says P&P Free it means it.

....am I missing something?

Pat
 Amazon - Falkirk Bairn
>>....am I missing something?

Before you press go you have to go to delivery & select Free - delivery 3-5 days - assuming order is £20+
 Amazon - Crankcase
Once or twice I got caught out with One Click. It seemed to me in the end not to be worth the potential hiccup here and there for the dubious pleasure of clicking one button instead of two, so I just turned it off again.

I don't really see its value but I do see its possible pitfalls.

Last edited by: Crankcase on Mon 21 Nov 16 at 15:47
 Amazon - Manatee
Agree with Crankcase. I see no benefit in one click, only the possibility of going off half-cocked.
 Amazon - Pat
Thanks FB, I bet that's the problem but I bet a lot of people don't realise they are being charged delivery.

I hate that type of underhand practice and would just prefer to go elsewhere in the first place.

Pat
 Amazon - Manatee
Yes, I find it slightly annoying that even with Prime which confers free next day delivery the delivery option defaults to the paid one day one and I have to change it. I'm sure I must have slipped up at least once and paid by mistake.
 Amazon - bathtub tom
I'm having problems with Amazon lately.

Ordered a pair of trainers and the wrong size were in the box.
Re-ordered them and the pair that turned up hadn't been finished - they had no insole fitted.
 Amazon - Manatee
I'm not a fan of Amazon Logistics either. I think the "self-employed" drivers are overstretched. For the second time last week, a "next day delivery" came a day late. We were out, overnight as it happened, and the parcel remained in the middle of the front step for 24 hours despite my delivery instructions to leave next door.
 Amazon - Roger.
I am having a problem with Yodel - one of Amazons carriers,
I ordered a Xmas present for my daughter, choosing to have it delivered, by the Prime service, directly to her. (A UK postcode, not a BFPO)
She currently lives in married quarters on a secured army base.
Some carriers are allowed on base to deliver parcels, but some, including Yodel are not.
The procedure, which should be well known by the local Yodel depot, is that parcels are dropped off at a designated place run by camp security and after X-raying, are then made available for collection by the addressee.
This delivery to army security is only available Monday to Friday.
Twice now I, as the buyer, have received texts from Amazon saying delivery could not be made and I should contact the carrier.
Twice I have patiently explained to Yodel, via web chat, exactly how delivery must be made: twice I have been assured that all will now be well. The parcel has still not arrived on base.
My daughter has been using local social media to ask other locally based people about this and has found around half a dozen similar experience in the last week alone.
Yodel drivers are no making any attempt to follow a well known and established procedure, but are simply returning to their depot saying "undeliverable" .
Yodel are a snip!
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 22 Nov 16 at 01:39
 Amazon - NortonES2
Driver might be "known" or not keen to enter the portal/guardroom for some reason:)
Latest Forum Posts