Non-motoring > Renewing a passport Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 10

Renewing a passport - Crankcase
Our passports have expired, a few years ago. I've not bothered paying £145 to renew them both, always thinking I would only do that if we go abroad again (not very likely). Some jumped up stat on a website tells me that 13% of Britons are like us - so 87% of the population do have the things.

The bank last week suggested I would need a passport for ID for a particular process. I said I didn't have one and in fact there was no issue - they quickly said other ID would be ok.

I'm wondering if there any situations where you NEED a passport, other than for foreign travel?

Anyone here not got a passport and found it an actual problem?

Renewing a passport - Dog
My passaporte ex spired years ago too. ditto my old-style driving licence - the address on it goes back 5 owses to when we lived up at Warleggan. No worries though - we do things differently down here.
 Renewing a passport - sooty123
> I'm wondering if there any situations where you NEED a passport, other than for foreign
>> travel?

I can't think of any reason why you would need one, other than for travel.
 Renewing a passport - rtj70
An expired passport can still be used for identification purposes. Probably a limit on how old it can be.

Having a driving licence with the wrong address would be a bad idea if you had a motoring accident.
 Renewing a passport - CGNorwich
Also attracts a hefty fine.
I'll get a roun tuit one day - at least SWMNBO has given up nagging me about it :)
 Renewing a passport - martin aston
Getting NHS treatment in future? Although I am sure other forms will be accepted too.
 Renewing a passport - Falkirk Bairn
Mine expired 12 month ago - difficulty walking more than a few hundred yards means overseas (& local holidays) are a thing of the past.

Driving Licence, Bus Pass are photo IDs
Bank & Credit cards for other purposes.
 Renewing a passport - bathtub tom
News today that the NHS are to follow the example of Peterborough hospital in requesting passport and utility bill before certain treatments.

I don't have utility bills, as all mine are paid by direct debit.

Forged passports are readily available and I'm sure it's not difficult to fake utility bills. Are NHS staff to be trained in spotting fakes?
Sorry to hear that FB. If you really, really wanted to have a holiday-in-the-sun, there are many places which cater for people with mobility issues, such as this place which I know very well, being we lived within walking distance of it at one time.

www.enableholidays.com/Mar-y-Sol.aspx

ditto help at the airport, they board you first I believe, or used to. Might be an idea to look into it in the new year, being you don't live all that far from the dullest city in €urope ;)
 Renewing a passport - mikeyb
>> Sorry to hear that FB. If you really, really wanted to have a holiday-in-the-sun, there
>> are many places which cater for people with mobility issues, such as this place which
>> I know very well, being we lived within walking distance of it at one time.

Benidorm
Latest Forum Posts