Non-motoring > Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 19

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - VxFan
Socialite Tara Palmer-Tomkinson has been found dead aged 45.

The former Sunday Times columnist, reality TV star, and goddaughter of Prince Charles had received treatment in 2016 for a non-malignant brain tumour.

Officers were called to her flat in Bramham Gardens, South Kensington, at 13:40 GMT. A woman in her 40s was found dead at the scene, the Met Police said.

The death is being treated as unexplained.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38911818

She was a bit of a petrol head from what I recall too.
 Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - CGNorwich
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Wed 8 Feb 17 at 17:12
 Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - VxFan
Not like you to be lost for words CGN ;)
Couldn't get my link to work

I liked this quote showing how Tara combined her love of cars with her work with the poor.

tinyurl.com/j5qr5gl

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - R.P.
Didn't the British Army nickname a cave complex in the Hindu Kush after her..
?
 Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - rtj70
Did they? Why?
 Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - Roger.
>> Did they? Why?
>>

Use your imagination :-)
 Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - Armel Coussine
Some people are too fragile for heavy drug use. One of the Stones went down even, although the survivors seem to be hewn from granite.

And incidentally, some of the stuff about Tara PT verges on the ungentlemanly.

Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Fri 17 Feb 17 at 18:30
 Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - Dog
Did you actually know her then Sire?
 Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - TheManWithNoName

>> And incidentally, some of the stuff about Tara PT verges on the ungentlemanly.

So bad stuff was written about a privileged, over blown nobody who thought she was a somebody and who snorted her way through most of her adult life in the media spotlight.

Who'd have thought it?
I rather think that comment reflects more or your personality that hers.
Oh, don't tell me you're one of those sycophantic fawning types who get all dewy eyed when a drug addled celeb drops off the log before their time?
No. I just believe in a level of good manners and decency. Society is better that way.
My dig was at AC who disliked the way she was portrayed by some.
But what angers me is the shallowness of some who look on TPT and other 'celebs' as something to feel sorry for.

She lived her life in the fast lane and became a 'someone' without doing anything remotely useful or noteworthy, fuelled by the media coverage which she undoubtedly craved.

But she was also a drug user and many forget the low life scum who spawn a whole network of criminals and criminality that affects hundreds if not thousands of innocent people every day.

So yes, society is better that way when one of the end users is no longer around.

Click on unhappy face below as appropriate.
 Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - Pat
>>She lived her life in the fast lane and became a 'someone' without doing anything remotely useful or noteworthy<<

Not her fault when her 'someone' status was by birth.

>>But she was also a drug user and many forget the low life scum who spawn a whole network of criminals and criminality that affects hundreds if not thousands of innocent people every day. <<

She was, and so are so many who neither have her money or fame.

She was also trying to battle her demons but sadly every failure was in the public eye, which doesn't make it any easier.

>> So yes, society is better that way when one of the end users is no longer around<<

According to the post mortem drugs wasn't the cause of death, although a past history may well have contributed to it. So her death won't immediately harm the income of any supplier.

>> Click on unhappy face below as appropriate.<<

I don't do unhappy faces without an explanation.

We all have our demons and deal with them as best we can, mostly we are able to do that privately without the world judging us.

I take it you didn't know her? People who did all say was was kind, caring and witty but in the past, suffered an addiction.

She tried hard to beat it, some would say she did beat it since it wasn't the cause of her death.

Perhaps your demons are having no name?

Pat
 Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - rtj70
Well said Pat.
 Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - NortonES2
Seconded.
 Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - Dog
Thirded.
 Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - Bromptonaut
Fourthed
 Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead - zippy
Well said Pat!