Non-motoring > It's grassy, man! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 7

It's grassy, man! - Roger.
No - not that sort!
First cut of the lawn (and worm casts)done today, ahead of forecasted vile weather.
 It's grassy, man! - The Melting Snowman
We never cut ours until after Easter as there's still a chance of a hard frost yet.
 It's grassy, man! - CGNorwich
>> We never cut ours until after Easter as there's still a chance of a hard
>> frost yet.
>>

Doesn't really matter as long as you don't mow when the lawn is actually frosted. In a mild wintrer when the grass continues to grow it a good idea to give it a cut if it's looking a bit shaggy. Not too short though.
 It's grassy, man! - Ted

SWM's just done my first cut of the year...................In Salon Kitchen !
 It's grassy, man! - helicopter

I did not mow the lawns but did scarify them last week with my electric scarifier on the first dry day for several weeks and removed huge quantity of dead moss , enough to fill the green waste bin.The lawn is now much greener but still some brownish areas of dead moss.

The weather since has been wet but another scarify is required asap and then will give a mow .

I use Green Thumb four times a year to weed and feed the lawns but prefer to mow and scarify them myself.
 It's grassy, man! - henry k
I cut my grass late last year but it still happily grows all winter.
My roller mower is no use on long grass soooo.
First cut, when it dries out a bit is with the strimmer.
Then bag it up and to the tip as it is far too much for my composting bins.
Even Doris has not dried it yet.
 It's grassy, man! - Ambo
Mine being done now but we have flowering daffodils, primroses, snowdrops and crocuses - and 15 degrees. I kept to last year's practise and left the leaves where they lay from autumn. Wind heaped them up deep enough to create cat toilet areas, easier digging that flower beds. The grass underneath looks fine.
 It's grassy, man! - Dog
>>Wind heaped them up deep enough to create cat toilet areas

Leaves are a pain on lawned areas - especially with two large-breed dogs, as their 'doings' are the same colour as the dead leaves!!
Latest Forum Posts