Non-motoring > Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 22

Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case - Bromptonaut
www.theguardian.com/media/2017/mar/10/jack-monroe-wins-twitter-libel-case-against-katie-hopkins

As the URL says.........

ROFLMAO.......

Full judgment:

www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/monroe-v-hopkins-2017-ewhc-433-qb-20170310.pdf
 Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case - zippy
>>ROFLAMO

I think this says it all....!

twitter.com/alanknox/status/840211538262790144
This is obscene:

“@PennyRed thinks this is OK. Burn her passport, bulk buy her lube & make her a woman of ISIS”

The woman needs to be silenced.
 Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case - CGNorwich
She doesn't need to be silenced she needs to be ignored. Until I read this post I had never heard of Katy Hopkins. She obviously thrives on publicity. The more people write and post on social media about her the better as far as she is concerned.

The more outrageous her statements the more people respond. I suspect that the libel case is just what she wanted.

People have just got to to learn to ignore this stuff
 Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case - Rudedog
Unfortunately she has a regular phone in spot on a certain London based radio station.

Comes on just as I'm preparing Sunday lunch, have to turn it off before I throw-up.
 Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case - No FM2R
>>She doesn't need to be silenced she needs to be ignored.

Absolutely. But what actually happens?

The lemmings and their media go on and on about her, which is exactly what she wanted in the first place.
 Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case - Haywain
"People have just got to to learn to ignore this stuff"

Precisely - but she is a godsend to the permanently-offended brigade.
 Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case - smokie
"the permanently-offended brigade"

Do they offend you in some way? :-)
 Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case - Haywain
"Do they offend you in some way? :-)"

Not really, but they remind me of the late Mary Whitehouse who, in the end, became an object of ridicule.
>> "Do they offend you in some way? :-)"
>>
>> Not really, but they remind me of the late Mary Whitehouse who, in the end,
>> became an object of ridicule.
>>

And she was sued by Dennis Potter's mother for claiming during an interview with Dr Anthony Clare on his Radio 4 series In the Psychiatrist's Chair, she had claimed that Margaret Potter had "committed adultery with a strange man and that the shock of witnessing this had caused her son to be afflicted" with the skin disease psoriasis.

Of course she had confused the book / TV series of "The Singing Detective" for real life.

A case of not checking facts and not caring about facts which is pretty much the same situation that Kate Hopkins was in.
>> I think this says it all....!
>>
>> twitter.com/alanknox/status/840211538262790144

With the costs as a chaser.....
>>With the costs as a chaser.....

Unfortunately her solicitors were on a no win no fee basis but I don't see how that can work if you are the defendant!?

Not all the claimants costs were met and she was also on a no win no fee basis.

Re my post with the quote taken from the judgement.

Surely there is cause for a criminal complaint there, if you take if as calling for a set of particularly disgusting suggestions?
If Hatie Kopkins was on a no win no fee deal then she's no liability for her own costs now she's lost. She is though almost certain to be ordered to pay Mx Monroe's costs - not necessarily all of them but certainly most.

If the costs cannot be agreed they will be 'assessed' by a court officer.
 Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case - Duncan

>> As the URL says.........
>>
>> ROFLMAO.......

Why is this so hilariously funny?
>>
>> >> As the URL says.........
>> >>
>> >> ROFLMAO.......
>>
>> Why is this so hilariously funny?
>>

Schadenfreude!

I think the following quote from her Twitter account says it all...

“@PennyRed thinks this is OK. Burn her passport, bulk buy her lube & make her a woman of ISIS”

I think it is calling for the person to be kidnapped and raped continuously?

Some of her more printable quotes:
"I don't really like fat people".
"I wouldn't like to meet a ginger in the dark"
"Suicidal prisoners should just kill themselves".
 Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case - madf
Hmm. I wrote something but deleted before posting.

I don't want to read about a woman who is gratuitously offensive just to make money. (The polite version )
 Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case - Ian (Cape Town)
Want some ice for that burn?
Monroe's lawyer:

"Rather the self-styled 'rent-a-gob' defiantly posted another defamatory tweet. The price of not saying sorry has been very high.

"Despite repeated opportunities to back down, Hopkins obstinately refused to apologise, instead conducting her defence by slinging as much mud as she could to hide the fact that she had made this false allegation."

He added: "The price of not saying sorry has been very high. Hopkins has had to pay out of her own pocket a six-figure sum in damages and costs for a tweet that should have been deleted within minutes as soon as she was told it was wrong. On this occasion, the cost of renting that gob was particularly high.
 Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case - Rudedog
She would always make a point during her radio shows that she 'never ever' said sorry for anything as it was a sign of weakness...

Will be interesting to see if her show is still on this Sunday and if it is what might be brought up, I would have thought she would have been advised to keep quite.. but going on past subjects I bet the temptation to react to an audience will be too much.
 Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case - Focal Point
I do find the whole "Katie Hopkins saga" disappointing.

It goes without saying that the woman deliberately courts controversy by any means possible, and frequently by being personally offensive.

It's disappointing because people can't, or don't want, to ignore her, and then complain about her.

I find her insufferable and am aware of the current case only because of Google News's headlines and the discussion here.

However, I can't avoid a certain schadenfreude that she has been well and truly caught - possibly over a fairly minor issue, compared with other nastiness she has been guilty of.

Seen elsewhere: "I joined the Katie Hopkins diet plan and lost 24,000 pounds in 24 hours."
>> Seen elsewhere: "I joined the Katie Hopkins diet plan and lost 24,000 pounds in 24
>> hours."

From Twitter:

Blimey. Katie Hopkins might end up skint after losing this libel case. Hope she can find some decent tips on how to cook on a tight budget.

For the uninitiated one of Mx Monroe's claims to fame is writing/blogging on subject of low cost meals.

And this:

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/justiceforkatiehopkins
:-)

That is hilarious.

Just to be clear, any money donated it going to "The Trussell Trust - a FANTASTIC cause who help to provide foodbanks all over the UK."

Katie Hopkins Loses Libel Case - VxFan
'I had no choice but to respond'

www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/39265754
>> 'I had no choice but to respond'
>>
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/39265754

She's quite a complex character:

www.theguardian.com/media/2017/mar/15/jack-monroe-bears-no-ill-will-towards-katie-hopkins-libel-case

www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jul/24/jack-monroe-i-want-to-be-treated-as-a-person-not-a-woman-or-a-man-interview-transgender-identity
Latest Forum Posts