Non-motoring > Lexus - Lexus Connected Services / Mobile data Miscellaneous
Thread Author: mikeyb Replies: 6

Lexus - Lexus Connected Services / Mobile data - mikeyb
Wasnt sure where to post this plea for help as its kind of motoring / technical / mobile phone

My car has the Lexus premium nav system so it has a few extras above just doing directions.

One of these is that it has "connected services" which allows you to get live traffic updates, and google points of interest, send details of your journey from your laptop to the nav etc etc.

I've never managed to get it properly set up having had a few attempts, but am now trying again.

The bluetooth function works fine, but in the Nav setup you have to give additional details so it can access data across bluetooth using a DUN profile (if I've understood correctly)

I'm on BT mobile and the system asks me for the following (which I have not been able to get from BT yet)

Username
Password
APN
DNS1
DNS2
Dial Number
Script

Has anyone any idea what is required (going in for a service soon so will ask the dealer but dont really expect them to have a clue)
 Lexus - Lexus Connected Services / Mobile data - No FM2R
I presume you already have this?

www.lexus-tech.eu/qrg/pdf/lxs/en/Lexus-qrg-en.pdf
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 22 Mar 17 at 14:28
I think you also have to enable "tethering" from your phone. It is possible that it will then answer its own questions.

Assuming its an Android, look under Networking / More / Tethering and Hotspot

Or something like that, and you should find an option allowing you to enable bluetooth tethering and share the internet conneciton.

This is an ADDITIONAL step to Bluetooth pairing.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 22 Mar 17 at 14:52
 Lexus - Lexus Connected Services / Mobile data - mikeyb
Thanks - the guide you linked to appears to be the same nav system as mine, but its not quite the same. Mine is a 2013 unit so it lacks wifi and uses the antiquated bluetooth DUN profile which is where my problems start!

I had eventually worked out the data sharing was an additional tick box so that bits covered - the issue is that the Lexus system is pretty outdated - if you are on O2 or Vodafone then the settings are already there, but the only other option is "other networks"......and then you get the questions. Service time next week - will ask the dealer, but not expecting much
Can you borrow an Vodafone SIM/Phone from somewhere?

You could at least then prove that the system will work *IF* you have the correct settings.
 Lexus - Lexus Connected Services / Mobile data - rtj70
How about (found with search and not tried these):

Username: bt
Password: bt
APN: btmobile.bt.com
DNS1: 0.0.0.0
DNS2: 0.0.0.0
Dial Number: leave blank (?)

APN might be btmobile2.bt.com. I don't think you want to be dialling an actual number via the mobile, i.e. using it as a modem.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 23 Mar 17 at 16:33
Actually, what might give us a clue; you said the Vodafone settings are already there, what are they?
Latest Forum Posts