Non-motoring > Eight Little Piggies All In A Row Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 7

Eight Little Piggies All In A Row - zippy
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-39608253

I like this story and the outcome.

Nothing wrong with taking a break, and something that I noticed in the USA was that police in uniform ate in restaurants at their breaks.

The more approachable coppers are, the better.

(From someone that has had a run in with the Police as an organisation, not individual officers.)
 Eight Little Piggies All In A Row - No FM2R
If, as was implied, it was the Sun who ran this story, prepare for some major league spinning and backtracking.

Scumbag UK Media.
 Eight Little Piggies All In A Row - Robin O'Reliant
The Sun is the absolute pits. Here's one they've run more than once in the past -

Find an open prison where cons are allowed out for an occasional day prior to their release. Find an inmate who is having that day, any one will do, but it is better if he is someone who has been in the public eye at some time in the past. Engage him in casual conversation, steer him towards the nearest pub and insist on buying him a pint and sitting in the beer garden for a chat. Meanwhile, the colleague concealed in the bushes is snapping away with a telephoto lens, and next day's headline reads, "Lags allowed out on the booze all day, this is X sitting in a pub getting plastered yards(?) from a school while frail old pensioners stroll by unaware of the dangerous monster in their midst (He was inside for fraud)".

And bingo, next day's front page taken care of, never mind about the poor bloke who has been moved back to a cat A prison by the embarrassed authorities who can't be bothered by prolonging any adverse publicity and any chance of parole for X out the window.

As the Sun used to boast to their staff, "Our job is to destroy lives".
 Eight Little Piggies All In A Row - zippy
Yes. I was surprised that the article referred to here

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39608149

got past the editors, or rather that the editors let it past!

Eight Little Piggies All In A Row - mikeyb
>> The Sun is the absolute pits. Here's one they've run more than once in the
>> past -
>>
>> Find an open prison where cons are allowed out for an occasional day prior to
>> their release. Find an inmate who is having that day, any one will do, but

Have experience of this - I used to live near an open prison, and in my first "proper" job we used to have a guy on day release come and work with us a couple of times a week. Top guy, very well educated and an ex of one of the elite forces. He was in for manslaughter, but having chatted to him and understood what had happened I soon worked out it was a case of the wrong place at the wrong time and his past profession had been used against him in court.

Anyway, he ended up in some rag stood at the bus stop with a little old lady and some headline about killers being left unattended with little old ladies. My then boss decided he would pick him up and take him back each day rather than let him use public transport
 Eight Little Piggies All In A Row - henry k
>>Nothing wrong with taking a break, and something that I noticed in the USA was that
>>police in uniform ate in restaurants at their breaks.
We first came across this in the USA 30 years ago when on holiday with our children.
We had a chat with the guys and were then invited to to sit in their car for a demo of how their database could be searched for our hosts details etc and the children could sound the siren.

>>The more approachable coppers are, the better.
>>
Especially the USA types with guns :-)
 Eight Little Piggies All In A Row - Zero

>> We first came across this in the USA 30 years ago

Yes, I remember going into a "Dennys" one evening (it was an "all the fried chicken you can eat for $4.99" night). About 8 black n whites hauled up outside, 16 cops came in, grabbed two big circular tables, dumped all the large ordnance in the middle of the table (pump action shotguns mostly) and then proceed to consume vast quantities of fried chicken.

In vegas once me and the missus were having lunch in a diner when the local clark county firehouse arrived in the car park, and all the beefy fireman came in. She went very jelly legged!
 Eight Little Piggies All In A Row - R.P.
Police Officers aren't entitled to a meal break or statutory breaks like most other employees. Subject to the exigencies of duty they are entitled to a 45 minute paid refreshment break - during that break they're likely to be called to do something. Who knows what they were doing prior to the photo being taken.
Latest Forum Posts