Non-motoring > TV Wireless Headphones Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 6

TV Wireless Headphones - CGNorwich
I often watch TV in the small hours, usually on my iPad with earphones to avoid disturbing others.

Now it occurs to me that it would be nice to watch on the big screen using my wireless earphones. My TV does not have a Bluetooth transmitter. My question is would it be worthwhile buy in a Bluetooth transmitter adapter and how easy is it to set up such a device.

Would there be any lag between the sound and the picture?
 TV Wireless Headphones - No FM2R
I don't really know much about this, but I use a similar model to these. I've used them for years and they work just fine.

www.amazon.com/Headphones-Jelly-Comb-Rechargeable-Audio-out/dp/B01N7S6IT3/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1492285230&sr=1-5&keywords=wireless+rf+headphones

Mine are more than 10 years old, so there may very well be better possibilities available these days.
Thanks. I actually have a decent pair of Bluetooth wireless earphones. What I want to do is use those if possible.
 TV Wireless Headphones - No FM2R
Ah right, sorry. Its my day for not reading posts carefully.

While you're waiting for an expert to come along, have a quick read of this...

www.howtogeek.com/219326/how-to-add-bluetooth-headphones-to-your-hdtv/
That's useful. I think thenthat need a transmitterthat will plug into the audio out jack socket. ( the optical audio out is in use for my sound base). I note that you can get a transmitter that will serve two sets of phones which would be useful.

If any one has any comments regarding this set up would be appreciated
 TV Wireless Headphones - smokie
Logically I don't see why that wouldn't work. Assuming you are talking about a small sized audio out jack then I'd think these would do it. tinyurl.com/lvg9xw2 - just one of many on eBay
 TV Wireless Headphones - sherlock47
One thing to watch is that some of the cheap rechargeable BT transmitters will not work when being recharged.

My upmarket Sony has BT but will not work with 3rd party headphones. Not sure what the BT will pair with? Certainly not my BT mouse or Keyboard either! Probably Sony lock in - will only work with a Sony camera/mic for Facebook.
Latest Forum Posts