Non-motoring > Aircraft unpleasantness Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 4

Aircraft unpleasantness - legacylad
To continue the current news about the odd fracas ... I recently travelled with a LCC and had the misfortune to be seated next to a drunk. Not obnoxiously loud or unruly but obviously under the influence when he boarded. The cabin crew then served him three times with 2 cans of strong lager... 6 cans to top up the alcohol level. He tried to use the lavatory whilst it was locked on final descent, and again literally seconds after touchdown whilst reverse thrust was still engaged.
Last seen staggering around the Arrivals Hall

Inbound I have two adjacent spare seats. Crew announcement that there is a delay whilst luggage is off loaded due to the no show of two passengers. The same two characters then turn up, having consumed mucho booze in the airport bar where they were seen by other passengers. They literally stagger onboard and I make it known to the cabin crew that I shall not be sitting next to them given their previous behaviour, supported by a fellow passenger who had to endure drunk number 2 outbound.

The Captain, or may have been FO, came from the cockpit, read them the riot act and threatened them with being diverted to another airport en route if there were any antics, and instructed the crew not to serve them any alcohol. They got lippy with him and only when he threatened to eject them off the flight did they shut up.

I emailed a complaint to the LCC, citing, amongst other things, the unprofessionalism of the crew in serving them 6 cans of booze each outbound when they were already inebriated. And allowing them to board the inbound flight in that state after delaying it.

Their reply was that as I was not the lead passenger, they would require the lead passengers authorisation before they would take it further.

Needless to say I wasn't impressed with their customer care

The Captain/FO sat me elsewhere.
 Aircraft unpleasantness - Hard Cheese
LCC?
 Aircraft unpleasantness - Manatee
>> LCC?

low cost carrier
 Aircraft unpleasantness - mikeyb
>> I emailed a complaint to the LCC, citing, amongst other things, the unprofessionalism of the
>> crew in serving them 6 cans of booze each outbound when they were already inebriated.
>> And allowing them to board the inbound flight in that state after delaying it.

Problem is the cabin crew are on commission for sales from the trolley so unless the SLF is being a complete PITA then chances are they will keep selling. Not saying its right, but if they refuse to sell then I bet there is some disapproval if sales are down
 Aircraft unpleasantness - zippy
Wouldn't want a drunk in my way in an emergency evacuation!

Travelling with a colleague to the USA a passenger was still using his phone when instructed to turn it off.

My colleague, who was blunter than a well used mallet told him in no uncertain terms to switch it off or he would! The bloke didn't know where to look but did switch the phone off.
Latest Forum Posts