Non-motoring > Bank Holiday fun Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 34

Bank Holiday fun - legacylad
Anyone any plans?
My LDWA walking group have rented a few adjacent cottages in a place called Lockton, near Pickering. It's the annual LDWA 100 event and we are running the nearby checkpoint at the 85 mile stage... I've volunteered for the 21:00>03:00+ shift, so expect to see lots of weary footsore walkers as they stride briskly though the night!
The event finishes Monday so once cleared up, washed up and sent the final entrants on their way will enjoy walking in the area until later that week.
Fingers crossed it remains dry. Living in the Dales and close to the Lakes I've neglected that part of the world so looking forward to rediscovering it.
 Bank Holiday fun - Robin O'Reliant
Self employed, working as normal.
 Bank Holiday fun - Bromptonaut
Stuff around house. Maybe a local bike ride. Out with my Mother for her 91st birthday. Anything she needs doing around the house.

Weekend after off to Rutland in the caravan for 3 nights.
 Bank Holiday fun - madf
Bee queen reraring
 Bank Holiday fun - Crankcase
Training walk somewhere locally for the coast to coast. It will, however, be entirely flat, unfortunately.
 Bank Holiday fun - BiggerBadderDave
"Maybe a local bike ride. Out with my Mother for her 91st birthday"

Does she ride a Penny-farthing?
 Bank Holiday fun - tyrednemotional
>>Out with my Mother for her 91st birthday"
>>
>> Does she ride a Penny-farthing?
>>

....would it deter you?.................

:-0
 Bank Holiday fun - Runfer D'Hills
Three guesses, but the clues are, mountains, Wales and trying not to fall off. And no, that doesn't involve sheep...
😉
 Bank Holiday fun - bathtub tom
I don't intend moving the car from the garage this bank holiday or any other.

I'm retired and can do whatever I like mid-week, while the kids are (supposed to be) in school.
 Bank Holiday fun - sooty123
Nowt apart from enjoying the garden, in hopefully good weather. No need to go anywhere I've got several weeks leave.
 Bank Holiday fun - Old Navy
A quiet weekend avoiding the people let out from work, many of whom will clutter up the roads and places of interest. Fortunately they will soon return to earning a crust.
 Bank Holiday fun - sherlock47
many of whom will clutter up the roads and places of interest. Fortunately they will soon return to earning a crust.......

and paying for your pension and future care.
 Bank Holiday fun - Zero
Dog show.
 Bank Holiday fun - BiggerBadderDave
"Dog show"

Ah, I get your drift...

(he's kerb crawling again)
 Bank Holiday fun - Zero
>> "Dog show"
>>
>> Ah, I get your drift...

You are getting mixed up with dogging.
>> and paying for your pension and future care.
>>

Keep up the good work, I have done my bit. :-)
 Bank Holiday fun - Dog
I'm orf to Cornwall for a few days.
 Bank Holiday fun - Zero
>> Three guesses, but the clues are, mountains, Wales and trying not to fall off. And
>> no, that doesn't involve sheep...
>> 😉

And you will fail at one, and wish it had involved sheep
 Bank Holiday fun - Lygonos
We open bank holidays.

Not worth the "cramming 5 days' work into 4 days" effect that follows!

In saying that I don't work Mondays now so I might pop down to the Hirsel at Coldstream where their rhododendron/azalea woodland should be in full song.

Several acres of www.embracescotland.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/hirsel-estate.jpg
Last edited by: Lygonos on Wed 24 May 17 at 17:35
 Bank Holiday fun - Dulwich Estate II
Hiring a van and helping a young family member moving into his first bought home. No doubt including much use of the tool kit. Changing locks is the first job.
 Bank Holiday fun - Duncan
St Mawes for Mon to Fri.
>> St Mawes for Mon to Fri.

Isn't there a Shearings hotel in that place?
 Bank Holiday fun - Ted

Off to Huddersfield tomoz for lunch with three ladies I used to work with. Going on the train, cheaper than driving. Friday, out to lunch with SWM and an 85 yr old lady friend of ours...she's paying. Then we might run her to the Kiwi Nursery for some bedding plants if she wants to.

I have a new dishwasher to fit on Saturday then out at friends in the evening for dinner. Pottering on garden and Jowett in between. The car is taxed and insured but needs cooling system and transmission sorting out. Kids and grandkids here for lunch on Sunday. Monday free ATM.

Any invites gratefully welcomed
 Bank Holiday fun - Roger.
I did not know there's a Bank Holiday due!
>> I did not know there's a Bank Holiday due!
>>

Being retired I find a day / date watch helpful. The only thing you need to be really aware of is school holidays when the little darlings escape to invest the surroundings. :-)
>>Being retired I find a day / date watch helpful.

So do I, but I need to find my specs to read the thing.
 Bank Holiday fun - sooty123
So do I, but I need to find my specs to read the thing.
>>

You need one of these
m.ebay.co.uk/itm/282487042825
 Bank Holiday fun - Hard Cheese
>> >> I did not know there's a Bank Holiday due!
>> >>
>>
>> Being retired I find a day / date watch helpful.>>

A day date watch proffers the day and date as well as the time, though how does it help re a bank holiday?
>> A day date watch proffers the day and date as well as the time, though
>> how does it help re a bank holiday?
>>

When you are retired every Monday is a bank holiday. You just have to avoid the workers ones. :-)
 Bank Holiday fun - Dog
=>Isn't there a Shearings hotel in that place?

www.shearings.com/hotels/ship-and-castle-hotel
 Bank Holiday fun KABOOM - EXPLOSION - DEATH - Zero
Ok its a bit Fake News,

Got the BBQ's out from under cover for the summer (BIIIIG Family BBQ coming up soon), ready to clean, service, test.

The Butane one (the biggest BBQ) was plugged into the 7KG tank, turned on the gas taps o the BBQ and WHOOOOOOOAAAAAA

Hissy noises, smell of gas.

Taint right I thought. Too much pressure I thinks.

Turns out my gas regulator (blue one) has failed unsafe. ( I have a spare) IE tank pressure to burners. As Trump would say "Thats a Bad thing, a bad bad thing folks"

Not sure how clueless joe public would have fared had they tried to light it Tho mappy would claim it wouldn't have been a perfect explosion, the air/gas ratio would have been wrong.
 Bank Holiday fun KABOOM - EXPLOSION - DEATH - Manatee
How embarrassing would it have been to be killed by an inefficient explosion.
 Bank Holiday fun KABOOM - EXPLOSION - DEATH - Dog
Ain't got no mains gas (or water) up here, so use bottled (red) gas for the hob. I changes it meself, like, and have often smelled/smelt gas a phew days or so later. Turns out the gas was leaking past the brass screw-in connector, even though I had screwed the bar steward up tight.

Me regulator is 10 years olde and never bin changed.

Had bottled gas in me Hymer, in an on-board tank, so in effect a mobile WMD.
 Bank Holiday fun KABOOM - EXPLOSION - DEATH - Old Navy
>> Not sure how clueless joe public would have fared had they tried to light it
>>

Do I detect a whif of conceit?
 Bank Holiday fun KABOOM - EXPLOSION - DEATH - Zero
>> >> Not sure how clueless joe public would have fared had they tried to light
>> it
>> >>
>>
>> Do I detect a whif of conceit?

Oh yes.
Latest Forum Posts