Non-motoring > Sick Bullies Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 9

Sick Bullies - zippy
www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/25/george-cheese-bullied-mechanic-killed-himself-audi-garage-not-to-blame-coroner

I would like to hear a psychologist's view of whether their actions contributed to the lads death.

I remember when I was 18 I had an awful woman boss. Everything I did was wrong. Had to do a calculation to split divisional income. She would change the way it needed to be done daily, then pick out one from weeks previously and go in to a tirade as to why I hadn't got it correct based on the new formula.

At the time I was very wet behind the ears and from initially being grateful for the job, quickly came to resent it and looked for something else.

Personally. I would have sacked the lot of them!

Sick Bullies - bathtub tom
Sad, but those inflicting the damage would,I suspect, have been only slightly higher on the intelligence quotient than the victim.
 Sick Bullies - Mike Hannon
Somewhat lower, I would have thought.
 Sick Bullies - MD
I don't know what to make of this at all. It seems that the levelling of bullying was beyond belief. Could all of them really been in on it?
 Sick Bullies - Manatee
It only takes one, controlling weak minds who will either join in or just say nothing.
 Sick Bullies - Hard Cheese
>> Sad, but those inflicting the damage would,I suspect, have been only slightly higher on the intelligence quotient than the victim.
>>

That's really a little unfair on the unfortunate victim.

Seems that some of the guys at that place must be guilty as hell, intimidation, bullying, and the company has a duty of care, perhaps there will be an appeal.

Sick Bullies - No FM2R
I don't know that intelligence levels and propensity for bullying are particularly related. Often the reverse, I should think.

But the supervisor/manager of these people must be an utter a***. If anyone needs a slap its him.
 Sick Bullies - Manatee
With very few exceptions, management is always responsible. On that basis an Audi owner wouldn't let them wash his or her car, let alone service it.

I imagine it's quite common for people who are bullied to be more intelligent than the people who torment them. The more intelligent are possibly perceived as more of a threat to the bully's sense of superiority, and are often "different" which is the only excuse some knuckle-draggers require.
 Sick Bullies - Rudedog
Used to be very common where I am in the NHS (probably still is), very hard to do anything when the bullied person can only report it to their line-manager who is of course the person doing the bullying in the first place.
 Sick Bullies - Robin O'Reliant
The bullying of school leavers was commonplace when I started work, masquerading as "Just a bit of a laugh". It was no use complaining to those higher up the chain as it was accepted as a rite of passage by everyone. Most of us learnt to handle it and if you stood up for yourself it stopped, but some of the more timid types had there lives made a misery and the harder they took it the worse it got. Anyone who started life on the factory floor back in the sixties or seventies will know what I mean.

I would hope and expect that things have in most cases improved now, but obviously it hasn't been eliminated.
Latest Forum Posts