Non-motoring > Whatsapp Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 6

Whatsapp - MD
I have a whatsapp phone number for a business, but for the life of me I cannot work out how to use it within the app. I can't use their landline as I have no signal. Does anybody know the craic please?
 Whatsapp - Hard Cheese
Have you looked here:

faq.whatsapp.com/en/bb/28030007.md
 Whatsapp - sooty123
I think they have to have whatsapp, I don't think it works for landlines?
 Whatsapp - Bromptonaut
If you've had a whatsapp conversation with them then you just hit the phone icon for that person. Did exactly that inadvertently yesterday and phoned The Lad over whatsapp rather than the mobile network.
 Whatsapp - rtj70
>> I can't use their landline as I have no signal.

So the phone doesn't have Internet access - unless you're using WiFi?

Isn't the phone number associated with a WhatsApp account the user's mobile number?
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 18 Jul 17 at 12:56
 Whatsapp - MD
All I know is that they 'offer' a whatsapp number which seems to be a mobile. I entered into online chat with them and they were as perplexed as I.

Anyway I forgot (age) that I have BT SmartTalk on the 4s which works via our home line if you have wifi access. So, I successfully called them via that app and as they say....Bob's yer Uncle. Job done.
 Whatsapp - Rudedog
Yep, app accesses your own contact list to make calls (just tested it).

I still use Blackberry10 as my OS and WhatsApp technically is not supported anymore but it still seems to work without issues, I use it because I don't pay for sharing pictures unlike if I send a standard text.
Latest Forum Posts