Non-motoring > I suppose it makes the maths easy Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 9

I suppose it makes the maths easy - CGNorwich
The pound looks like it is rapidly heading for parity with the Euro.

Staycation in a caravan at Bognor Regis anyone?
 I suppose it makes the maths easy - Dog
>>Staycation in a caravan at Bognor Regis anyone?

Tunisia looks nice:

"The Foreign and Commonwealth Office no longer advise against travel to Tunisia, except for parts of the south and interior and certain areas near the borders with Algeria and Libya"
 I suppose it makes the maths easy - Hard Cheese
I'm in Italy, currently on a beach near Orbatello, it doesn't seem expensive, i.e. €1 for a cold bottle of water from the beach café is fine even if it it 1:1 with the £
 I suppose it makes the maths easy - legacylad
I can currently transfer £ to € on my Revolut account @ 1.10 Euros to the pound

But to save money whilst in the Alps for almost 3 weeks next month I'm going tee total. And taking my Katadyn water filter so I'm not paying a fortune for bottled water in the mountain huts, although hopefully at altitude the stream stuff is potable.
 I suppose it makes the maths easy - Mike H
>> And taking my Katadyn water filter so I'm not paying a fortune
>> for bottled water in the mountain huts, although hopefully at altitude the stream stuff is
>> potable.
>>
If there's a bend in the stream, look round the corner - you might cows grazing on the alpine pastures.... :-)
 I suppose it makes the maths easy - bathtub tom
>>If there's a bend in the stream, look round the corner - you might cows grazing on the alpine pastures.... :-)

Never mind the cows, what about the fish? You know what fish do in the water, they piddle in it!
 I suppose it makes the maths easy - Ambo
Maybe not for long. (You need to be a subscriber to read the whole article but there is enough text to get the drift.)

www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/08/14/euros-surge-wont-last-much-longer/

Good for me while it lasts, what with my Euro pensions.
 I suppose it makes the maths easy - madf
I am supplementing my pension with sales of honey (note: beekeeping still makes a loss but a smaller one!)
 I suppose it makes the maths easy - No FM2R
Ah, on which subject...

How is the world / Country's bee population doing?

I was talking to a beekeeper in Chile yesterday who was all doom and gloom about the future of the bee population.

Specifically here he told me that the keepers are so desperate to sell honey, its expensive, that they leave none for the bees, leave a cheap substitute instead and hence the weakened bees are susceptible to everything going.

All very sad. It made me think of you and the UK and wondered what the state of the bee population was overall.
 I suppose it makes the maths easy - Ambo
A bumper turn out for buff tailed bumble bees in my garden this year but honey bees very rarely seen.
Latest Forum Posts