Non-motoring > What does the panel think? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 18

What does the panel think? - MD
Operation Sanctuary: Newcastle sex groomers handed jail terms
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41165226
 What does the panel think? - Manatee
Hanging, drawing and quartering having been discontinued, there isn't much more we could have hoped for.

Sadly, I suspect this is far from a cleaning of the stables and the culture and attitude to white female children that led to these crimes almost certainly remains materially unchanged.
 What does the panel think? - Haywain
"Sadly, I suspect this is far from a cleaning of the stables and the culture and attitude to white female children that led to these crimes almost certainly remains materially unchanged."

Such is the joy of multiculturalism; still, as they say, it's worth it.
 What does the panel think? - DP
This has nothing to do with multiculturalism other than the rumoured reluctance of the authorities to investigate due to being branded racist. That situation is inexcusable.

White, British men groom and sexually abuse young girls every day in the UK. Many more in fact than Asians.

The proportion of Asian men who would NEVER groom and sexual abuse a girl of ANY age or ethnicity is, I suspect, not significantly different to the proportion of white, British men who wouldn't.

These specimens are criminal scum who should never see the light of day again, as far as I am concerned. And yes, the statistics suggest that racism played a part in their choice of victim. But I do not accept for one second that they are in any way representative of their wider community. The Asians I know are as disgusted by these people as I am.
 What does the panel think? - Robin O'Reliant
>> T
>>
>> These specimens are criminal scum who should never see the light of day again, as
>> far as I am concerned. And yes, the statistics suggest that racism played a part
>> in their choice of victim. But I do not accept for one second that they
>> are in any way representative of their wider community. The Asians I know are as
>> disgusted by these people as I am.
>>

I've known plenty of people from different cultures over the years, and whether you like it or not the attitude of certain cultures towards women is a few centuries behind what we would find acceptable. If you believe women are second class citizens it makes ill treating them much more acceptable.
 What does the panel think? - DP
>> I've known plenty of people from different cultures over the years, and whether you like
>> it or not the attitude of certain cultures towards women is a few centuries behind
>> what we would find acceptable.

I don't dispute that. What I do question is how much this leads to the sort of disgusting crime being reported here.

There's a big difference between holding a view, and being prepared to break the law and act on it. Also if these people happen to be Muslim, sexual contact outside of marriage is strictly forbidden.

Anyone who would groom and sexually molest a child is fundamentally not right in the head, and there is NOTHING in any religion or culture recognised in the UK that condones such behaviour.
Last edited by: DP on Wed 6 Sep 17 at 11:21
 What does the panel think? - Focal Point
"Also if these people happen to be Muslim, sexual contact outside of marriage is strictly forbidden."

Indeed, but in some extreme interpretations of Islam, people who are unbelievers don't count - in fact are really not people in the full sense of the word.

There is indeed a big gap between holding a view and acting on it, but it is obvious that holding an unacceptable view can easily lead to unacceptable actions, and the latter would be unlikely without the former.

It's not right to equate Islam with sexual abuse; however, some interpretations of Islam seem virtually to condone it. That is the worrying thing.

"Anyone who would groom and sexually molest a child is fundamentally not right in the head..."

Maybe, but it's a fact that relatively normal people are capable of doing the most appalling things to their fellow human beings, as we saw in Nazi Germany - you can't dismiss all of them as nutters. All that is required is a belief-system, a doctrine, or whatever you call it, that permits people to display the heart of darkness (to borrow a phrase) that resides in many of us.
Last edited by: Focal Point on Wed 6 Sep 17 at 23:03
 What does the panel think? - Pat
Very well said DP, couldn't agree more.

Pat
 What does the panel think? - Bromptonaut
>> Very well said DP, couldn't agree more.
>>
>> Pat

I also agree with DP and was intending, time permitting, to post something on same lines.

The only addition I would make is that the MO of these gangs is to focus on vulnerable young women. But they're not alone in that either.
 What does the panel think? - Lygonos
Plenty of Westerners head overseas to do their abusing.

Vietnam, the Phillipines and Thailand appear to be Mecca for our nonces.
 What does the panel think? - Zero
Garry Glitter, Johnathan King, Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris.

I need say no more
 What does the panel think? - Dutchie
Jimmy Saville was top of the tree.And how many in the BBC knew about him? what a piece of lowlife.

And these thugs just arrested throw the key away.Abuse a child end their life.
Well said Sir.
 What does the panel think? - Cliff Pope
>> appear to be Mecca for our nonces.
>>

I don't think using the name of a Muslim holy place as a synonym for the acme of debauchery is appropriate, is it?
Just observing, not looking for anything to be offended by. :)
And another few mooslims have just been sent down the steps for raping a sixteen year old girl who asked them for help when she was tipsy and lost.

It takes some denying that what gets reported on this subject is mainly our darker brethren.

As I said in another thread, we are in a very broken place. And it ain't gonna get better any time soon.
Last edited by: MD on Sat 9 Sep 17 at 12:27
>> It takes some denying that what gets reported on this subject is mainly our darker
>> brethren.

Key words emboldened. The case you mention wouldn't have been in news outside Kent were it not for the perp's ethnicity.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Sat 9 Sep 17 at 12:54
 What does the panel think? - Manatee

>>
>> Key words emboldened. The case you mention wouldn't have been in news outside Kent were
>> it not for the perp's ethnicity.
>>

Reallly?
 What does the panel think? - Pat
Whether it gets reported or not doesn't alter the fact that it still happened....ask the victim her feelings on this.

Pat
>> Reallly?

Yes. Fact that victim was white and perps Muslim increases the chances of Sun, Mail etc reporting or pushes reports up the 'running order' 'cos it sells papers.

White guys raping a drunk 16yo in a Fish and Chip shop wouldn't same value.
Latest Forum Posts