Non-motoring > Mark Sampson sacked as England women's manager Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Hard Cheese Replies: 11

Mark Sampson sacked as England women's manager - Hard Cheese
This story is going to run and run ...

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41326806
 Mark Sampson sacked as England women's manager - Robin O'Reliant
"Inappropriate conduct"

Ugandan discussions immediately spring to mind.

I watched the game against Russia last night and women's football has come a long way in the last few years. They obviously do not have the speed and power of the men, but the skill levels are extremely high.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Wed 20 Sep 17 at 19:54
 Mark Sampson sacked as England women's manager - Haywain
"I watched the game against Russia last night and women's football has come a long way in the last few years. They obviously do not have the speed and power of the men, but the skill levels are extremely high."

Yes - I watched that match too, and I agree that the women's game has come on tremendously. I noted that, when the first goal was scored, the team (led by a black player) rushed over to celebrate with the manager described by the BBC commentator as a 'show of solidarity with him'. Maybe the rest of the team take a dim view of Eniola Aluko? Maybe the manager had been guilty of insensitivity, maybe he had been guilty of bullying, I but I sense that we are seeing an example of overzealous racist-sniffing.

A couple of days ago, I was amused by an article in the Telegraph where the black writer was accusing people of racism who said that he looked like Will. i. am.
www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/dont-call-william-racist/

I have been told, by no less that 9 different people of foreign descent, that I look like Harrison Ford ........ did I accuse them of racism? What do you think?
 Mark Sampson sacked as England women's manager - tyrednemotional
I'd have accused them of Myopia......

;-)
"I'd have accused them of Myopia......"

That's what my wife says! 'Specsavers' usually features in the next line!
 Mark Sampson sacked as England women's manager - Hard Cheese
My take on it:

Allegations against him in Bristol were investigated and thrown out.

Allegations against him as England manager were investigated and thrown out.

There have been calls for a new investigation though he has the support of the squad and is very succesfull in sporting terms.

The FA sack him, they use information within the Bristol report as an excuse massively tarnishing his reputation, suggesting he is fine to work in football though not for the FA. They paid his contract in full (- 2019) and presuamably some other compensation.

The FA presumably reckon that this brings and end re the racism allegations though it makes the FA look a shambles and if I were Mark Sampson I might well be pleased to be outta there.
Last edited by: Hard Cheese on Thu 21 Sep 17 at 12:31
""I'd have accused them of Myopia......"
That's what my wife says! 'Specsavers' usually features in the next line!"

While I think about it, something else that amused my wife .....

I've mentioned on here that we bought a new B-max a few weeks ago. We arrived at the dealer's crowded forecourt between heavy showers of rain and, while I was manoeuvring the old Focus into a parking slot, a black guy came running over to the car gesticulating to me as though asking me to sign something. It turned out that he was convinced that I was Harrison Ford, and he was keen to get an autograph; we all had a good laugh about it.

Later, he mentioned to my wife that he was hoping to be able to say that they'd sold a Ford to Harrison Ford.
 Mark Sampson sacked as England women's manager - Lygonos
Maybe 'tis because Mrs Haywain looks like a lollipop wearing a blonde wig aka Calista Flockhart?
 Mark Sampson sacked as England women's manager - Runfer D'Hills
Maybe it was the leather jacket, the hat and the coiled whip?

Yeah, I get the same, but with me its George Clooney they think they've seen. Of course they generally always say I look surprisingly younger, fitter and better than I do on screen...

;-)))
 Mark Sampson sacked as England women's manager - tyrednemotional
>> Maybe it was the leather jacket, the hat and the coiled whip?
>>

...more likely he looks like he's 75 and just survived an air-crash.......
"Maybe 'tis because Mrs Haywain looks like a lollipop wearing a blonde wig aka Calista Flockhart?"

That is something else that would amuse Mrs H - though I should admit that she is an unbelievably good-looking woman!

;-)
 Mark Sampson sacked as England women's manager - No FM2R
All very 'iffy' I think.

Seemingly the accusation is not of racism, but of "perceived racism" - if that's not a dodgy offence then I don't know what is - open to all sorts of abuse.

In one investigation Sampson was cleared of all wrong-doing, but the complainant got a sizeable payout anyway.

Sounds like the whole thing has been mismanaged from start to finish. I'd tend to agree, sounds more like bullying or over aggressive behaviour.

These things to nobody any good. If it is a 'frivolous' accusation of racism then the complainant should be told very publicly to get over herself and there should be penalties - surely its bringing the game into disrepute if nothing else.

As for the idiot in the Telgraph, what an utter t***. Surely to be racism it has to include some kind of value judgement? These prats devalue of whole important and serious business of discrimination.
Latest Forum Posts