Non-motoring > Unidentified persons ( deceased ) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 8

Unidentified persons ( deceased ) - henry k
The following numbers of unidentified persons in my region were listed in the local press.

" Metropolitan Police has 233, Thames Valley Police 11, Kent County Constabulary 26, Sussex Police five and Hampshire Constabulary none."

It is very sad that so many people can just be totally off the many databases and systems or maybe there is a lack of coordination between the various agencies ?

"or why they have not been claimed by friends of relatives." as it is stated in a cold formal way.
 Unidentified persons ( deceased ) - R.P.
DNA checks will have been made - if they're not on the database that's that. If they're not on PNC as regards tattoos marks and scars - then that's it.
 Unidentified persons ( deceased ) - No FM2R
It is sad. And whilst perhaps some of them have no-one, some of them have left loved ones wondering.
 Unidentified persons ( deceased ) - Hard Cheese
Aren't dental records checked?
 Unidentified persons ( deceased ) - Bromptonaut
>> Aren't dental records checked?

IIRC you need to have an idea who you're looking for so you've got a name for deceased and a practice to go to for records. Usually a last resort when body is burned or decomposed beyond recognition.
 Unidentified persons ( deceased ) - R.P.
And they need to have a dentist ! All that data would have been obtained and added

Worth having a look here:
missingpersons.police.uk/en/about/our-website-1

Police are reasonably efficient at collating information like this nationally. In practice DNA/Dental Records/Fingerprints and bodily marks, scars and peculiarities are put on a central database.
 Unidentified persons ( deceased ) - Hard Cheese
Surely if a body is found then appearance, scars, tattoos and dental records are checked against missing persons files?

Of course you cannot trawl the record of every dentist though you can check against known cases.
Last edited by: Hard Cheese on Sun 19 Nov 17 at 17:25
 Unidentified persons ( deceased ) - rtj70
You're assuming there is a missing person report filed by a relative or friend.
 Unidentified persons ( deceased ) - Bromptonaut
>> You're assuming there is a missing person report filed by a relative or friend.

AIUI the whole point at issue is that these are people who are not reported missing.

When I lived as a singleton in London my Mother used to worry about how they'd find out if something happened to me. Could easily be a week or two before my fellow house sharers missed me. Unless I was decomposing in my bed in which case smell would be a clue.

I guess though work would have sounded the alarm after a day or so. I wasn't known for going AWOL.
Latest Forum Posts