Non-motoring > Brave or.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 25

Brave or.... - Crankcase
www.foxnews.com/science/2017/11/23/rocket-launch-will-prove-earth-is-flat-california-man-says.html

Chap has apparently built himself a steam powered rocket. He plans to launch himself in it this weekend. But at least he'll advance science. Oh, wait.

That's some chutzpah.
 Brave or.... - R.P.
Why doesn't just strap a Go-Pro to a weather balloon like everyone else. He'll die.
 Brave or.... - Crankcase
Yes. He's going to die, isn't he.
 Brave or.... - No FM2R
""I don’t believe in science,” Hughes said. “I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula"".

Sigh. Standard Californian nut job out for his 15 minutes, I'm sure it will never leave the ground. I doubt he will even try.

Brave or.... - Dog
>>He's going to die, isn't he.

none of us are getting out of this world alive
 Brave or.... - rtj70
>> Why doesn't just strap a Go-Pro to a weather balloon like everyone else. He'll die.

Maybe he hopes to win a Darwin award :-)
 Brave or.... - No FM2R
A little bit of nosing around shows that he originally started this almost two years ago on a Kickstarter campaign where he stated his motivation was to show the billionaires how it should be done. At that time his goal was to get into outer space.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1441636269/mission-rock-it-stage-i-the-1-mile-manned-rocket-j?ref=discovery

In a completely shocking coincidence he converted to a Flat-Earth philosophy a couple of weeks before they offered to sponsor his flight.
 Brave or.... - No FM2R
Oh, by the way, out of his $150,000 he wanted to raise on kickstarter he actually managed $310.
 Brave or.... - Zero
And I want my money back! all $310 of it
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 23 Nov 17 at 16:50
 Brave or.... - tyrednemotional
....I think it might turn out to be money well-spent....

;-)
 Brave or.... - TheManWithNoName
Let him do it. He'll help clean up the gene pool when it ends in a large bang and a damp patch in the sand.
 Brave or.... - rtj70
To quote from No FM2R's link:

"So he decided to break the world record for the longest ramp jump in the world."

So it's a ramp jump with expectations for height.... I think he needs locking up for his safety as well as others he may fall on.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 23 Nov 17 at 20:32
 Brave or.... - No FM2R
I don't think he should be locked up for his own safety. The world needs nutters and is a sadder place without them.
 Brave or.... - CGNorwich
And they all get to vote.
 Brave or.... - No FM2R
>> And they all get to vote.

Never mind that, a lot of them get elected.
 Brave or.... - Cliff Pope
>> He'll help clean up the gene pool
>>

I doubt it - he's 61.
Probably too old for a Darwin award.
 Brave or.... - MD
I guess none of you think the Earth’s flat then. Oh!
 Brave or.... - Cliff Pope
>> I guess none of you think the Earth’s flat then. Oh!
>>

When I've watched ships disappear over the horizon I've always wondered why they sailed so close to the edge. I suppose that's why we don't have a shipping fleet any more.
 Brave or.... - Old Navy
I can vouch for the earth's disc being double sided, I have been underneath it.
 Brave or.... - commerdriver
Interesting,
Did you go straight through the hole in the middle or did you go round d the edge?
 Brave or.... - Zero
>> Interesting,
>> Did you go straight through the hole in the middle or did you go round
>> d the edge?

He must have gone through the hole, you can't get past the huge wall of ice round the edge.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 24 Nov 17 at 10:09
 Brave or.... - Old Navy
I have crossed the equator on land, in the air and on and under the sea, it must be a gental transition to the underneath of the disc, it didn't wake me up. Crossing the date line in the right direction was good, two tots of rum on the same day, or the same day twice, one or the other! :-)
 Brave or.... - bathtub tom
>>it must be a gental transition to the underneath of the disc

Do you get a good view of the four huge elephants on the back of the enormous turtle The Great A'Tuin?
 Brave or.... - Old Navy
You sometimes get a brief glimpse of them, it depends how long you have been in the bar before the transition. :-)
 Brave or.... - Crankcase
Well! What an exciting development!

Postponed until Tuesday.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/25/flat-earther-postpones-steam-powered-rocket-flight-motorhomelaunchpad/
 Brave or.... - Zero
>> Well! What an exciting development!
>>
>> Postponed until Tuesday.
>>
>> www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/25/flat-earther-postpones-steam-powered-rocket-flight-motorhomelaunchpad/
>>

I've wasted my money here havent I.
Latest Forum Posts