Non-motoring > Japan and strange TV Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 8

Japan and strange TV - rtj70
A country, culture and people who have achieved great things especially getting technology so right at times....

... and yet TV not so. I give you Slippery Stairs:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKPz583WRpQ&feature=youtu.be
 Japan and strange TV - VxFan
Makes a change to watch something Japanese that isn't blurred or pixelated in certain places ;)
 Japan and strange TV - Ted

Hilarious..really enjoyed that. Now to have a cuppa and relax over a game of electrofootball......

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sij92LcGJj8
 Japan and strange TV - martin aston
Years ago Clive James used to make a series out of this stuff and we all thought it would never happen here.

Unfortunately it has. " I'm a Celebrity" uses a slippery slope as part of its annual finale and Big Brother has used a version if the shockers in past series.

Not that I watch them myself.
Last edited by: martin aston on Tue 28 Nov 17 at 16:52
 Japan and strange TV - DP
Someone sent me a link to that slippery stairs video last week. Hugely entertaining. SWMBO and I both stopped what we were doing and were glued to it, willing someone to actually make it.

There is a sadistic streak to Japanese game shows that is quite alarming at times, but can be very entertaining.
 Japan and strange TV - legacylad
Reminds me of ‘ It’s a Knockout’ which I used to watch at home on a Saturday night with my parents ( before beer & girls)
Anyone been to Japan? I quite fancy going there n late April next year but it’s very expensive and I’m not sure how I’d succeed with a solo DIY trip.
 Japan and strange TV - No FM2R
I think its not a great place for a solo DIY trip, I was there alone and found it difficult, though I was working and not in Tokyo.

I reckon you'd be better either to be on an organised tour / package or actually traveling with a companion.
 Japan and strange TV - rtj70
The way the contestants on that would take someone down before they got to the top too. Very ruthless.

I must admit I watched quite a bit of that because it was so funny and I wanted to see if someone actually got to the top.

My step son went earlier this year - did most of it on his own and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 28 Nov 17 at 19:15
 Japan and strange TV - Ted

My eldest girl went about 25 years ago to spend some time with her , now dumped, fiance. He had some sort of business student course at the Kirin Brewery in Kagoshima. I drove her down to a B&B nr Heathrow and then she was on her own !

She was a bit bored after a week or so as he was working. She only ever ate MaccyDs.
Latest Forum Posts