Non-motoring > Space saving clothes dryer Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 14

Space saving clothes dryer - Bobby
My utility room isn’t high enough for an old style ceiling clothes pulley.
So we have a free standing clothes horse but of course this takes up limited floor space.

Has anyone any experience of wall hung ones, like this for example www.laundrycompany.co.uk/leifheit-teleclip-72-extendable-wall-mounted-clothes-airer-formerly-100/

Would imagine wet washing could be quite heavy? Not sure I would try bath towels on it?

Any experience of this or similar?
 Space saving clothes dryer - Dog
>>Any experience of this or similar?

Similar; yes. It's called a tumble dryer.
 Space saving clothes dryer - Old Navy
That gadget will still take up floor space, you can't walk through the area it covers when extended.
But the dog can walk under it ON
>> But the dog can walk under it ON
>>

Sounds like the dog is dictating your living space, time to get rid of it.
 Space saving clothes dryer - CGNorwich
Either use an outside washing the line or a vented or condensing tumble dryer or your next post will be about curing condensation.
We have a washer dryer but sometimes use a clothes horse in the utility room. The utility has an extractor fan so no condensation.
 Space saving clothes dryer - Runfer D'Hills
No idea, come to think, it's probably time I visited the servant's wing again. Must be quite a few years since I last did.
;-)
 Space saving clothes dryer - Roger.
Our vented tumble dryer lives in our shed, as does our uptight freezer, a few feet from the back door.
 Space saving clothes dryer - hjd
>> Our vented tumble dryer lives in our shed, as does our uptight freezer, a few
>> feet from the back door.
>>
Maybe you should invest in relaxation classes for your freezer..
 Space saving clothes dryer - R.P.
Needs to chill.
 Space saving clothes dryer - Duncan
>> No idea, come to think, it's probably time I visited the servant's wing again. Must
>> be quite a few years since I last did.

I am exactly the same.

I haven't been below stairs for years. The last time was when the butler was dying - what was his name? Hmm. Anyway I went down stairs to make sure he hadn't pinched my Scotch. Just as well I did. Give some people an inch and they take a mile.
Been drying washing on clothes horses for 26 years and have never had a condensation problem yet.
 Space saving clothes dryer - Cliff Pope
Unless it's dry outside we dry our washing in the kitchen on a pair of racks on pulleys that are hoisted up to the ceiling, so no space occupied.
It's always warm there from the Rayburn so things dry in hours.
 Space saving clothes dryer - Manatee
>> Unless it's dry outside we dry our washing in the kitchen on a pair of
>> racks on pulleys that are hoisted up to the ceiling, so no space occupied.
>> It's always warm there from the Rayburn so things dry in hours.

Same here but just one creel, as we always called them.
Latest Forum Posts