Non-motoring > Halfords 1965 Catalogue Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 8

Halfords 1965 Catalogue - Robin O'Reliant
Pinched from HJ's site, this is a great way to waste half an hour or so -

classics.honestjohn.co.uk/halfords-1965-catalogue/

The cheapest car radio listed at just over £13.50 would be £340 in todays money.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Fri 8 Dec 17 at 16:28
 Halfords 1965 Catalogue - Zero
Wooo - I only just (well last year) threw out that battery charger pictured in the catalogue, it was my ole mans. A real battery boiler it was, we nick named it the hammer, because you could see and hear the bubbles.
 Halfords 1965 Catalogue - Clk Sec
Very interesting, RO'R.

I well remember Champion plugs that I'd buy around that time for 3/6 each from a cut price place. Couldn't afford the five bob that Halfords were charging. Also Duckhams Q20/50 was a bit pricey at 20/8, when it could be had for around 16/-.

Halfords 1965 Catalogue - bathtub tom
I bought one of those megaphone silencers described as being suitable for two-strokes. The neighbours wouldn't have agreed, as it had virtually no silencing capability.
 Halfords 1965 Catalogue - legacylad
Darn ewe RoR, ( slight thread drift) but after a long afternoon on the lash with friends in KL I’ve had to drag myself from the (almost) Arms of Morpheus to look at some old car brochures.
MG Midget-MGB- MGB GT ( Nov 1978) & Triumph Spitfire 1500 ( May 1978) found in my A to Z filing system. Pristine condition.
I had a Spitfire in BRG aeons ago, my mate a blue Stag. I’ve also got a Morgan catalogue from the same era.
 Halfords 1965 Catalogue - Stuartli
Interesting. I paid about £8 in the late 1960s for a car radio (which wasmounted under the dashboard) which served me well for a few years. The signal was received from an aerial that was housed at the top of the front passenger door's window.

Brought in the football match results on the way home from games, which was all I wanted it for most of the time....:-)
 Halfords 1965 Catalogue - Fullchat
Brilliant.

Turbo Vac exhaust add on :). Dyson take note.

Asbestos exhaust wrapping. Brilliant stuff :O
 Halfords 1965 Catalogue - ChrisM
Brought back many memories and spotted over a dozen items we had when I was a child.

I never had a Gay Golly though (kids trike).

I had a Mercury.
Last edited by: ChrisM on Sat 9 Dec 17 at 08:52
 Halfords 1965 Catalogue - sherlock47
There were items in that catalogue that were much coveted. Some of which I somehow subsequently acquired - but not sure how I could have afforded them tho!

First car in 1965 was a 1948 Series MM Morris Minor cost £25.
Latest Forum Posts