Non-motoring > Flying high Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rudedog Replies: 6

Flying high - Rudedog
Heard that a BA pilot has been done for being over the limit while in the cockpit.

Report mentioned him being 'four times over the flying limit'.

Flying limit!!! what the hell, there's a limit???

Was this reported right?
 Flying high - Old Navy
The pilots limit is 20mg.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Tue 12 Jun 18 at 22:06
 Flying high - Stuartli
This is what you will be referring to in the case of the pilot over the limit:

tinyurl.com/yaq7wf2n
 Flying high - Zero
So the ground tech could smell alcohol on him, what about the captain? did someone stuff something up his nose? he too should have been grounded for his lack of vigilance.
 Flying high - Bromptonaut
>> So the ground tech could smell alcohol on him, what about the captain? did someone
>> stuff something up his nose? he too should have been grounded for his lack of
>> vigilance.

Smelling alcohol on breath is a matter of chance and sensitivity. Had several past colleagues who were functioning alcoholics based on previous night, lunch or both. Olfactory evidence only rarely detected.

If he was any good at covering he'd have kept his distance from Captain. A widebody's flight deck gives much more space between P1 and P2 then between my and my fellow telephone advisor's workstations and I doubt it would be smell that told me if she was pixxed.
 Flying high - Zero

>> If he was any good at covering he'd have kept his distance from Captain. A
>> widebody's flight deck gives much more space between P1 and P2

Rubbish, they don't get plonked in the seat individually, they have to pass quite close to get seated, and then there was the pilots briefing room, the walk to the cockpit. Numerous occasions, plus if he did have a reputation any savvy skipper would make a chance to check discretely.
 Flying high - Bromptonaut
>> The pilots limit is 20mg.

Which at 25% of the driving limit is close to negligible in terms of effect on capacity. Any lower and you're wasting time over mouthwash and stuff that's in range of nature's doing.
Latest Forum Posts