Non-motoring > North Korea Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 36

North Korea - No FM2R
This from the BBC is worth a read I think.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/king_of_pyongyang
 North Korea - R.P.
Very good micro briefing. Thanks. His hunger strike went well didn't it ?
 North Korea - sooty123
I read that this morning, another good long read from the BBC. Certainly timely with what's going on in the past couple of days.

I wonder how successful the meeting in Singapore will turn out to be? With trump bring such an odd chap, it's hard to say.
 North Korea - No FM2R
Trump is an odd chap, well put. And he is having an odd effect.

He's certainly shining lights in dark corners.
 North Korea - Robin O'Reliant
I've always had a feeling Trump may well turn out to be a very good president. He's unorthodox, but then again "Orthodox" has made enough of a mess over the years.

Boris was right too, Donald is just the type we desperately need in the Brexit negotiations.
 North Korea - Pat
>>Boris was right too, Donald is just the type we desperately need in the Brexit negotiations<<

I'll second that one R O'R

Pat
 North Korea - Driver
>> I'll second that one R O'R

Do you really believe that he is trustworthy!? Like the liar Farage he is out for his own agenda. All headlines and no substance. The agreement signed in Singapore yesterday has no verification clauses at all. Its almost meaningless.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 13 Jun 18 at 20:20
 North Korea - Pat
Duncan

Can I ask why you didn't ask Robin O'Reliant that but chose to ask me?

Since the sentiments were his first, I feel it only polite to allow him to reply to you.

Pat
 North Korea - Duncan
>> Duncan
>>
>> Can I ask why you didn't ask Robin O'Reliant that but chose to ask me?

Que?
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 13 Jun 18 at 20:21
 North Korea - Pat
It's quite simple.

Robin O'Reliant expressed the view.

I seconded it.

Yet you directly questioned me about it.

I am interested to know why you didn't direct your questions to the original person to make the point?

I see R O'R has defended his view anyway now, but my question still stands.

Pat

PS. Doing an impression of Manuel in Fawlty Towers doesn't help.
 North Korea - No FM2R
I wonder how long it's going to take.
 North Korea - Lygonos
>>I wonder how long it's going to take.

Longer than you might imagine, Mick
 North Korea - No FM2R
Fair point, Lionel.
 North Korea - Driver
:-)

Oh dear. First day and all!
 North Korea - No FM2R
It's your own fault, Donald.
 North Korea - Lygonos
Yeah Drew, you upset Patrick.
 North Korea - Duncan
I do not know what you are going on about.

I think you have posted in the wrong thread.

However, I am not going to get involved in one of your silly - you said - I said disputes.

I will not be responding.

CBA.
 North Korea - Zero
Duncan, always late to the party.
 North Korea - No FM2R
Actually Duncan wasn't even at the party. Unless he was in disguise.
 North Korea - Zero
He was in the kitchen
 North Korea - Lygonos
He was being murdered by Macbeth
 North Korea - smokie
I think Duncan may have been referring to Pat's question @ 18:24 to him about why he questioned her on something. It wasn't him, that's his point.
 North Korea - No FM2R
>> It wasn't him, that's his point.

And ours, Smokie, and ours.

Duncan wasn't there. Wrong name. Hence the devastating humour and curiosity as to how long it would take for the penny to drop for Pete.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 14 Jun 18 at 01:32
 North Korea - Pat
>>>> It wasn't him, that's his point.

And ours, Smokie, and ours.

Duncan wasn't there. Wrong name. Hence the devastating humour and curiosity as to how long it would take for the penny to drop for Pete.<<

The penny dropped immediately but I had more important issues to deal with at the time.

Now they have somewhat eased I would like to apologise unreservedly to Duncan for attributing the post in question to him and not to our new (TIC) poster, Driver.

Since Friday night my time has been spent between Leicester Royal Infirmary, Groby Rd Hospital (Sorry, I think it’s called Glenfield now but will always be Groby Rd to me), Arnesby and back home here in the Fen.

It’s been incredibly stressful and any time on the forum has been snatched on my phone in an attempt to be ‘normal’ again.

I remember over the years other forum members posting when some sort of trauma has happened in their lives, Marks accident, Bobby’s fire come to mind and I’d like to think their friend's posts helped them.

It would appear that Lygonos has wasted no time in virtually diagnosing early onset Dementia, and of course, the usual cohorts have followed in the same vein.

Of course, you will defend it as banter, which it is but so was my only other post during this time that ON commented on having taken it seriously.

Getting up this morning and seeing the extent of the remarks and having time to respond with an apology to Duncan, I’m saddened that none of the responders seem to have a scrap of empathy left in them.

Pat
 North Korea - rtj70
Pat, I hope nothing serious - all the best.
 North Korea - No FM2R
You could have just said "oops, I mixed the names up".

That was also an option.

I guess it's just lucky that you have so often assured us of your roughty toughty trucker type nature that couldn't possibly be upset by such as us and that a bit of banter is, in any case, part of the life of a lorry driver.

Lorenzo said it better, but he got deleted.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 14 Jun 18 at 11:22
 North Korea - Haywain
These days, I tend to turn away from threads as soon as they go Bremainiacal, so I may have missed something.

Are you OK, Pat?

H
 North Korea - rtj70
You've not posted since Thursday - I do hope all is okay. Especially after mentioning several hospitals.
 North Korea - Driver
>>He's certainly shining lights in dark corners.

Judge a man by the company he keeps.

He lavishes praise on the tyrant Putin and murderer Kim Jon Un but vilifies Trudeau!

North Korea - No FM2R
Agreed, the man is awful. Really awful.

Nonetheless, and for all the wrong reasons, he's still shining lights.
 North Korea - commerdriver
Like Farage and so many others he is very good at publicity management appeal to those who dont look too close
 North Korea - commerdriver
looking at his record in the video Mark loaded
How far would you trust Kim
Last edited by: commerdriver on Wed 13 Jun 18 at 17:12
 North Korea - Robin O'Reliant
It is the people like Kim and Putin you need to get onside. Doing business with tyrants and murderers is something we do all the time, and the lifting of sanctions against North Korea in exchange for disarmament makes the world a safer place and benefits the Korean people.

Of course it is early days yet and the wheels could well come off, but The Donald is making better progress in those directions than the darling of the liberal left, Obama.

Time will tell.
 North Korea - No FM2R
He is hitting situations head-on that his predecessors have 'managed'. I suspect because he doesn't know how to manage them, or because his ego gets in the way.

Whatever the reason, he is bringing them out into the light.

- Trade tariffs overall do seem unfairly biased against the US. [cars EU to US 2.5%, US to EU 10%)
- Immigration is a badly managed pile of poo
- North Korea needs to be dealt with not constantly needled.
- US Companies investing abroad and then using trade deals to get their product back into the US
- The crapness of the Iran deal (though no deal is probably worse)

etc. etc.

If there is a difference between "won't play the game" and "can't play the game", I'm not sure it matters.

I cannot believe that anybody will ever look back and think him a "great president", but nonetheless he may cause some ultimately good things to come out of his presidency.
 North Korea - No FM2R
www.bbc.com/news/world-44438908
 North Korea - Zero
Tarrifs and trade are both baised against the US because they refuse to meet standards and requirements to exporting countries or impose imbargoes for idealogical reasons, whereas importers to the US make efforts to meet standards because the market is large.

Last edited by: Zero on Wed 13 Jun 18 at 22:50
 North Korea - sooty123
> Of course it is early days yet and the wheels could well come off, but
>> The Donald is making better progress in those directions than the darling of the liberal
>> left, Obama.

I read a piece the other day saying how it wasn't that much different from the agreement kim jong il signed with clinton in 1993. I've not had time to read up so I can't say. Interesting though.

>> Time will tell.
>>

Very much so, things feel different this time. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
Latest Forum Posts