Non-motoring > HFT.ORG.UK Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 8

HFT.ORG.UK - MD
Has anybody had any dealings with this firm?
 HFT.ORG.UK - Bromptonaut
www.hft.org.uk/ ?

No.

Why do you ask?
 HFT.ORG.UK - MD
I've received a very minor enquiry to put up a fitting for a client of a carer. I'm just interested that's all as to who is paying and who would be in attendance during such works. You know how blame can be today.

Best to say no, but that's defeatist.
 HFT.ORG.UK - Bromptonaut
Mission seems to be to help people with Learning Difficulties live their lives to full and making most of what they can do. Not heard of this particular organisation but it looks to be national (so not a shaky local outfit)l and has a well put together website. I've had occasional involvement with similar outfits.

You need to ask your questions of the person from Hft who is offering this work. I'd expect their client to be paying but there may be grants involved and Hft may 'facilitate' payment if resident lacks capacity themselves.

Worth an informal discussion about what you might find on the day but most learning disable people are pretty normal and probably more bothered by you than you are by them. Would it be unreasonable of you to suggest that an Htc person is there when job is done to answer any questions and give instructions if things don't go according to plan.

If you get on with them you may find that being a useful local craftsman/handyman brings you more work with their clients.

Just my thoughts.

HFT.ORG.UK - MD
Good morning and thanks Bromp. Exactly my thoughts and I have asked who's paying and who would be in attendance etc. That was thirty six hours ago so I still await their reply. My thought too on more work.
 HFT.ORG.UK - smokie
I know you aren't being entirely unreasonable, but I wonder how many people ask such questions of builders and other people they engage? I expect if you were asked to show your accounts for the past year you'd be a bit resistant!
 HFT.ORG.UK - MD
Not quite the same thing my dear.
 HFT.ORG.UK - Zero
If you do work for organisations like that, its a given that you will have more paperwork to do and dont expect immediate payment.
 HFT.ORG.UK - R.P.
My late neighbour was a carpenter and did work for a lot of "agencies" including Women's Aid - he got a stack of work from them over the years.
Latest Forum Posts