Non-motoring > Great Christmas Present. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 4

Great Christmas Present. - R.P.
My wife bought me a Travelzoo voucher for a flight simulator experience at Deeside Simulators in Ellesmere Port. For a number of reasons I was unable to take this up until today. What a great morning. Got to "fly" an A321 from Manchester Airport, do a quick spin around the north west and then land back at Manchester - it's a proper retired A321 cockpit, fully functional with a wrap round perspective. If you ever get the chance you need to do this. I was able to land quite successfully and walked away from the landing.
 Great Christmas Present. - bathtub tom
I was given a similar 'experience', but in a multi-functional cockpit. Told I was flying a jet, I asked why a switch was marked 'carburetor heaters'.

SWMBO was sitting behind in the 'office' and asked if inclement weather could be programmed in. Instructor duly obliged to be met by an 'EEK' from me when I experienced it.

Couldn't get it into my head that I had to fly the thing down into the ground to land it.
 Great Christmas Present. - R.P.
Hahahha..I should have asked for some fog ! The flight deck came from an old Alitalia jet that had been decommissioned. I want one of these in my garage.
 Great Christmas Present. - zippy
Lucky so and sos.

I will put it on my wish list for this Xmas.

Many years ago I had a go on a virtual reality jet fighter sim rather than a shoot-em-up.

The helmet was huge and it was all polygons, but the feeling when you looked above or behind and could see your wingman or the enemy was amazing.

Great Christmas Present. - sooty123
I've done the typhoon one a couple of times. Taxing was pretty tricky but I did get it pointing the right down the runway, although it was off the centre line. Very easy to get the speed warning flashing up.

Cross country covered ground very quickly then on to do a low flypast Blackpool Tower.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Fri 10 May 19 at 20:15
Latest Forum Posts