Non-motoring > Veggie Snorkers. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 45

Veggie Snorkers. - Zero
As my cancer prone bowel is still on vacation, I dont need to worry about the effects of burned processed dead flesh yet, indeed I am making hay while the sun shines.

Mrs Z however, thinks differently, and has moved us onto lightly processed bacon with no nitrates (tick roaring success, really tasty). Next step for brunch today was Veggie Snorkers, the most famous of all, Linda McCartney (much good they did her tho!)

Utterly disgusting, cooked two for me, ate half of one, gave the dog the other 1.5 who promptly turned her nose up at them as well.

If they even fail the dog test, Someone should be prosecuted for calling them sausages.
 Veggie Snorkers. - devonite
There's only one way to eat veggies! - within 30mins of being picked from your own allotment, the taste is entirely different from even "fresh" shop bought stuff that may only be a few hours old! the natural sugars haven't started turning to starch.

I'm not sure if your're a "green fingered" type, but if you are you will know the the pleasure of enjoying the stuff you have grown, plus it can be very calming and relaxing, probably be beneficial to your convalescence as well! - get those rolling acres of lawn turned over, and stick stuff in! ;-))

Veggie Snorkers. - Zero
>> There's only one way to eat veggies! - within 30mins of being picked from your
>> own allotment,

RUBBISH.

Spuds need to be either cut up and frozen into chips, or slightly aged to make mash or Baked.

Artichokes need to be trimmed and tinned in brine.

Strawberries need to be slightly squishy.

Carrots need to be small and tinned.

Peas come in green bags from Birds eye.
RUBBISH - rubbish!!

Spuds need to be either cut up and frozen into chips, or slightly aged to make mash or Baked.

So you don't like new potatoes, slathered in butter then?

Artichokes need to be trimmed and tinned in brine

I'll take your word on that! - cant grow them so never had them!.

Strawberries need to be slightly squishy.

Can't argue with that! - I just leave them to ripen on the plant a bit longer

Carrots need to be small and tinned.

Nope! - picked at index finger size, splashed with honey , roasted in oven!

Peas come in green bags from Birds eye.

yep easiest way, but they are at least frozen within 2 hrs of being picked, - still cant beat walking along the row popping pods tho' ;-)

Think thats about a draw Z! - but I have more fun!! ;-)
 Veggie Snorkers. - Duncan
Zero, are you saying this is supposed to be a vegetarian sausage?

Well, call me old-fashioned, but I consider that a contradiction in terms!
 Veggie Snorkers. - Zero
>> Zero, are you saying this is supposed to be a vegetarian sausage?
>>
>> Well, call me old-fashioned, but I consider that a contradiction in terms!

Eggsackly.
I put "veggie" sausage in the same bin as "Quorn"! - what the heck is that? it certainly ain't chicken! - tonight or any night!
 Veggie Snorkers. - VxFan
I've never heard a sausage called a snorker before.
 Veggie Snorkers. - No FM2R
You never read the Beano? Or the Dandy?

What a deprived childhood.
 Veggie Snorkers. - BiggerBadderDave
I read it as vaggie snorkelling and got excited.
 Veggie Snorkers. - VxFan
Yes, read both, and several other comics besides.

Snorkers, no.
That nice Mr. Wogan used to call them snorkers as well.
 Veggie Snorkers. - Zero
>> I've never heard a sausage called a snorker before.

Are you telling us you have never seen "The Cruel Sea"?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBZcE69_5a8
 Veggie Snorkers. - VxFan
>> That nice Mr. Wogan used to call them snorkers as well.

Who? Oh 'im. Couldn't stand the bloke.

>> Are you telling us you have never seen "The Cruel Sea"?

Well before my time.
 Veggie Snorkers. - CGNorwich
>>

Never read or watched "The Cruel Sea"?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBZcE69_5a8
 Veggie Snorkers. - Zero
>> >> I've never heard a sausage called a snorker before.
>> >>
>>
>> Never read or watched "The Cruel Sea"?

No but this post reminds him of Groundhog day
 Veggie Snorkers. - sooty123
>>

It does sound like sound like something you'd hear in a public school in about 1930.
 Veggie Snorkers. - VxFan
>> It does sound like sound like something you'd hear in a public school in about 1930.

You could be, could be right.
 Veggie Snorkers. - bathtub tom
>> >> I've never heard a sausage called a snorker before.

Daughter's halls of residence were used in the Summer for tourists. She spent one term as a waitress. Australians used to call sausages 'little bundles of mystery'.
 Veggie Snorkers. - hjd
My daughter is a vegetarian and she says she will eat most veggie sausages - all but the Linda McCartney ones, which are vile.
 Veggie Snorkers. - Bromptonaut
>> My daughter is a vegetarian and she says she will eat most veggie sausages -
>> all but the Linda McCartney ones, which are vile.

My son is vegan and his girlfriend vegetarian. Both happily ate Linda's veggie sausages last week. Full marks to AD Munro (Tarbert Stores, Isle of Harris) for stocking them. We thought we might struggle to find veggie/vegan food without going to Stornoway.

HE couldn't join me in indulging in Skye Brewery beer though as it's not vegan; isinglass finings.
 Veggie Snorkers. - Zero
>> My son is vegan and his girlfriend vegetarian. Both happily ate Linda's veggie sausages last
>> week.

Some people will suffer anything for misguided trendy principles.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 7 Jun 19 at 15:32
 Veggie Snorkers. - bathtub tom
>>gave the dog the other 1.5 who promptly turned her nose up at them as well.

I was told about a lab that had previously devoured a whole chocolate cake. Owner dropped some vegan cheese on the floor and the lab, as usual, was on it in a flash. The lab sniffed it and walked away!
 Veggie Snorkers. - Bobby
Few years ago the missus had us on one of these diets, red day/green day. Green was no meat day but you were allowed veggie sausages.

Can't remember the make, but they were really really tasty. Think they were filled with herbs and seasoning to compensate for lack of meat.
 Veggie Snorkers. - John Boy
>> Can't remember the make, but they were really really tasty. Think they were filled with
>> herbs and seasoning to compensate for lack of meat.
>>
That sounds like these:
tinyurl.com/y68fud7q
 Veggie Snorkers. - Bromptonaut
>> >> Can't remember the make, but they were really really tasty. Think they were filled
>> with
>> >> herbs and seasoning to compensate for lack of meat.
>> >>
>> That sounds like these:
>> tinyurl.com/y68fud7q

Those contain egg so no good for vegans.
 Veggie Snorkers. - Zero
Tell the the headlining of the roomie is fixed in with fish glue, and you'll never have to take them anywhere to eat again.
Car tyres contain stearic acid, an animal product.

And vegans are harmful to orangutans. Tell him he has to leave out palm oil and all products containing palm oil, and that includes vegan butter.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sat 8 Jun 19 at 13:00
 Veggie Snorkers. - Zero
Best not mention condoms either.
 Veggie Snorkers. - Ambo
Sorry to raise a personal matter, Zero, but you have been quite open about your fix, so does your, er, handbag mean you had to get an oversize pair of trousers? Not an idle question, as I may be heading that way, too.

I agree with your views on veggie sausages. Veggie mince is slightly less objectionable, although it is for texture only, having no discernible taste.
 Veggie Snorkers. - Zero
>> Sorry to raise a personal matter, Zero, but you have been quite open about your
>> fix, so does your, er, handbag mean you had to get an oversize pair of
>> trousers? Not an idle question, as I may be heading that way, too.

Ambo. No I havent bought a single new pair of trousers to accommodate the temporary plumbing specially, there is nearly always sufficient room below the waistband to accomodate the majority of the bag in your existing wardrobe.

The only change I have had to make is dump belts, and use braces to hold up my trousers. Quite trendy actually.

Have no fears, its had no effect in any way on almost anything I do. I now eat more or less what I want when I want (you have to chew food more thoroughly tho) I am back to filming trains, training and competing with the dog, going out for meals (even rubies), traveling etc etc.

If you end up down that route, let me know and any questions queries or worries you have, let me know and I'll offer you my experiences in greater practical detail.
 Veggie Snorkers. - smokie
Offline, we hope :-)
 Veggie Snorkers. - Zero
Now now, disabilities shouldn't be discussed in whispers or hidden, this is 2019, not 1919.
 Veggie Snorkers. - smokie
My comment was mostly in jest, and, with most of us being of a certain age here, it's been useful, and at times enlightening to me to hear about some of the stuff I might have to "look forward to", or manage in friends in the future. In particular your earlier stuff told me lots I simply didn't know or even consider, as has the recent cataract thread.

That doesn't mean we have to hear ALL the gory details though, does it? :-)
 Veggie Snorkers. - Zero

>> That doesn't mean we have to hear ALL the gory details though, does it? :-)

you have no idea about the importance of output viscosity clearly.

Actually I’m impressed by the way you have been so open and informative over your illness. It must have been a big shock to you and I’m sure you have had some difficult times but you seem to be coping very well. I’m sure your openness will help anyone else facing similar problems. It’s good to know the outlook is favourable for you. All the best
 Veggie Snorkers. - John Boy
>> Actually I’m impressed by the way you have been so open and informative over your
>> illness.

So am I.
 Veggie Snorkers. - neiltoo
I think it's most important to be as open as possible - warts and all.
The surgeon only knows about the initial problems and the operation. It's hard to get any information about the aftermath. Though there are support organisations, nothing is better than a personal chat with someone with the experience. In my case, the stoma nurse came to see me before the operation, and she was also "handbagged" - like that term!

Glad it's going well Z. best wishes for the reverse.

8o)
 Veggie Snorkers. - helicopter
I have a date for a flexible sigmoidoscopy at the end of this month.

I have only just got over an operation to remove my gall bladder last month .

I am hoping that the problem is caused by non cancerous polyps but certainly there is a possibility I end up in the same position as Zero.It could be anything from Diverticulitis to Crohns to Cancer.

A rectal by my very nice and pretty ( young enough to be my grandaughter) lady GP resulted in the referral and ruled out haemorroids.

I am not looking forward to the procedure, but it is better to discuss these things than die of embarrassment or ignorance.
You only lose your dignity once, especially in hospitals, after that your a "free for all" and the best part is you don't care anymore!
 Veggie Snorkers. - Zero
>> I think it's most important to be as open as possible - warts and all.

A lot of the fear of illness is fear of the unknown, the proliferation of wives tales, and quite frankly ignorance. In the not that distant past, an ostomy would be looked on with revulsion and disgust, the mention of the C word would have people preparing your wake.

I am fully aware I am on the lucky end of the spectrum, to a large extent my care, treatment and recovery and support was pre planned, both by me and the care teams, all specialities and teams incredibly joined up and supportive.

I appreciate my case probably isnt representative, I can see that some people will have issues coping with the aftermath, may well have complications I dont suffer from, but for me it really isnt that much of an issue. There is nothing special about me, just very practical, pragmatic and positive.

Veggie Snorkers. - henry k
>> I think it's most important to be as open as possible - warts and all.
Openness is improving re many conditions. I have a couple of friends who I am reasonably sure have had an ostomy but are not open about it so the subject is skated around when they have to leave the room.
I have been attending 10 x 2 hours talks/ presentations/disscussions on Dementia organised by Elmbridge Council. I was very impressed and learned a lot from the course and the others attending. There is a lot of help and support available to me from the council and charities.
Support is well joined up within the borough but as the nearest A & E hospital is Kingston ( London ) with a discharge back to Elmbrigde ( Surrey ) things did not work well.
I had to tell Kingston what to do with their discharge plan ( all was agreed without me being involved )
Free help from a charity on the best of filling in the DWP form means I now get an allowance for SWMBO. I do now get a block of six hours once a week while SWMBO is in day care so I can go shopping etc. Money well spent ( includes transport ) to give me some relief.
So things have stabilised and considering some new transport, a chair lift for the stairs :-)
P.S. I am learning "to go with the flow" if that is the right wording.
 Veggie Snorkers. - Ambo
Thanks for your offer of further information, Zero.

(For some reason, my earlier posting, along with someone else's, has disappeared.)
 Veggie Snorkers. - VxFan
>> (For some reason, my earlier posting, along with someone else's, has disappeared.)

This one?

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?m=589389&v=e
 Veggie Snorkers. - Ambo
No, two making further references to handbags, one of them by me. Not important.
Latest Forum Posts