Non-motoring > Oil Tanker attack Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 14

Oil Tanker attack - CGNorwich
This is not looking good. Could easily get out of hand

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-48630374
 Oil Tanker attack - Zero
This is weirdness of the first order, I can't see that Iran would be that foolish, Certainly the Yanks are blaming them, but then de-escalated quickly after the first two. The Yanks and the Iranians both claim to have rescued the crews in the latest ones.

I wouldn't be surprised to find its a wild CIA operation, or Israel has a hand in it.
 Oil Tanker attack - R.P.
Certainly very odd. I can't see that this is Iranian policy. Maybe they have their own rouge elements. US have plenty of enemies in the region both state sponsored and lone wolves, plenty of weapons sloshing around in the area.
 Oil Tanker attack - Duncan
>> Maybe they have their own rouge elements.
>>

Do you think it is made up?
 Oil Tanker attack - tyrednemotional
>> >> Maybe they have their own rouge elements.
>> >>
>>
>> Do you think it is made up?
>>

...don't be cheeky.....
 Oil Tanker attack - R.P.
Hahaha...Hello cheeky !
 Oil Tanker attack - Netsur
Not Israeli style.

Would be much more subtle or have destroyed the tanker altogether.
 Oil Tanker attack - R.P.
But picking on a Japanese and Norwegian tankers is a bit odd.
 Oil Tanker attack - zippy
False flag operation? The Yanks have been tearing at the bit to have a go at Iran for some time now.
 Oil Tanker attack - Kevin
>This is not looking good. Could easily get out of hand

Why should a silly little spat in the Middle East gain so much media coverage when there are much more important issues that threaten to end in conflict.

Will Molly Mae or Maura end up with Tommy?
 Oil Tanker attack - Ambo
It is difficult to make out how the attacks were carried out. The Telegraph today prints a blurry picture of a small boat, with the crew allegedly removing a limpet mine from a tanker, presumably a dud. But why remove it, and how did it and the successful mines get placed?
 Oil Tanker attack - Bromptonaut
OK, so we take it as correct that the small boat is Iranian and the item removed from the tanker is a limpet mine that, unlike the one placed adjacently on the ship's hull, failed to explode.

What tells us that the Iranians were recovering their own mine rather than one placed by another party with a view to analysing it's history?
 Oil Tanker attack - Zero
If the yanks had proof it was the Iranians, the air would be thick with cruising missiles heading to Bandar-e Abbas.
 Oil Tanker attack - smokie
Has anyone watched that programme about earth from satellites, where they show individual animals to amazing clarity from a satellite shot? Surely they can rewind their video a bit and see where the boat came from, and all other kinds of stuff.
 Oil Tanker attack - sooty123
What tells us that the Iranians were recovering their own mine rather than one placed
>> by another party with a view to analysing it's history?
>>

Fairly unlikely they've got int that quickly and figured out how to make it safe that quickly. Even if we take that as a given, went not tell everyone. They'd know by now.
Latest Forum Posts