Non-motoring > b***** Carpets Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 14

b***** Carpets - Ambo
Can anyone suggest a way to remove a blood stain from a fitted carpet? It was treated within minutes with water, then a detergent mix but some of the stain persists. It has still not dried out completely.
 b***** Carpets - Robin O'Reliant
I can't help you with the stain Ambo, but if you need an alibi...
 b***** Carpets - commerdriver
I would try biological washing liquid in a carpet cleaner, Vax or similar.
 b***** Carpets - Fullchat
Crime Scene Investigators can lift minute traces of blood invisible to the human eye. If you get my drift :)

Other than that Ive nothing useful to add other than Goggle is your friend [as well as a good brief - sorry :) ]
 b***** Carpets - legacylad
Should have used LDPE plastic like Walter White ( it’s a Breaking Bad thing)
 b***** Carpets - Jacks
Re wet the area using a mixture of warm water, a small amount of carpet shampoo (1 tsp) and a splash of white vinegar (or white wine vinegar if that's all you have to hand). Work this mixture in to the stained area - the object is to get the blood back into suspension in the liquid - then immediately blot the area with plenty of kitchen towels... you'll probably use a whole roll, keep blotting until the area is as dry as can be, then put 7 or 8 sheets of KR ie a thick pad) on the now damp area and put a heavy book or similar on top. This will encourage any remaining moisture to wick up. Leave for several hours and vacuum when thouroughly dry.

Good luck.

J
 b***** Carpets - Zero
Clearly there is a man experienced in eliminating evidence
 b***** Carpets - helicopter
Depending on the size of the stain and the age of the carpet, why not claim on insurance....otherwise roll up the body in the carpet , weigh down with bricks and dispose of in nearest lake at dead of night....
 b***** Carpets - BiggerBadderDave
"dispose of in nearest lake at dead of night..."

Not with this heatwave and possible drought. It'll pop up again.

Try hiding it in plain sight. Dress it as a scarecrow and prop it up in a field.
 b***** Carpets - Ambo

We tried a detergent/vinegar/water mix but finally decided to have a new patch inserted. The fitter is brilliant at this, having dealt successfully with bare floorboards revealed by the removal of fireplace surrounds.

The only dead body involved could have been mine. I fell in our bedroom last Saturday at 02:30 in semi-darkness and somehow badly scraped the back of my right hand, bleeding freely. I am on an anticoagulant and Mrs. A. estimated a half-litre loss but it soon stopped. There were three lacerations up to 6” by half an inch.

I washed off the blood in water with added disinfectant and wrapped my hand in a clean cloth. Mrs. A dialled 999 at 03:00 and was told a message would be passed to a local medic, who responded at 06:30 but only to arrange for a local medic to call. She appeared at 09:30 (I was prepared to complain at the six hour delay but she was a stunner and I forgave her at first sight.) She dressed the wounds temporarily and contacted a district nurse for a more thorough treatment.

This one was built on more traditional DN lines andappeared at 13:30. She re-dressed the wounds and left after making an appointment with yet another DN. Same drill on Tuesday and Thursday. It seems this will go on for another two weeks.

b***** Carpets - sooty123
Turn the light on next time, it's a lot less hassle ;-)
 b***** Carpets - R.P.
I bet that hurt Ambo...hope you're OK
 b***** Carpets - Lygonos
>>Not with this heatwave and possible drought. It'll pop up again.

De-gas it first by piercing the torso a few times with a decent sized trochar.

Stops that irritating bloating and floatiness that comes with decomp.
 b***** Carpets - Ambo
I am OK thanks, but an over-bandaged right fore-paw means I can't drive a car. There was light enough but I must have passed out as I can't recall the actual falling. I must have scraped against something solid but there are no marks to show what.
 b***** Carpets - Aretas
When we had a massive loss of blood on a week old carpet I mopped up what I could and wet it all. Then called professional cleaners. Perfect job.
Latest Forum Posts