Non-motoring > Click & collect Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 5

Click & collect - bathtub tom
SWMBO's been unable to do the shopping lately (she loves it, but I hate it). I've been doing the rounds of the supermarket with a list - takes me ages and I often can't find stuff even with the help of staff. Had a couple of home deliveries that seem OK, but after a recent bike ride, spotted click & collect in Tesburys car park. Brilliant, order online, turn up in a 2 hour window and bung it in the car - all for 50p!

Why didn't I know?
 Click & collect - DP
The inconvenience to me is having to go to the supermarket in the first place. I would much rather just have it all turn up at the door. We've had a great experience with Tesco Deliver over the past couple of years. Always on time, drivers are always polite and helpful, and it's very rare to have any problems with stuff. If you do, they refund it without quibbling. Another nice touch is that if they substitute an item with a more expensive one, you don't pay the difference. We had a result with 3 large chickens for the price of 3 medium ones recently, for example.

We have a Waitrose just across the road which we use for the odd top up, but that can be done on foot, out the door and back home again, in less than 5 minutes if you use the self serve checkouts.
 Click & collect - Zero
We use John Lewis click and collect, they deliver to the our nearest Waitrose store which is a 10 minutes walk away (and then you use your Waitrose card to get a free newspaper and coffee)
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 4 Jul 19 at 17:22
 Click & collect - sooty123
I use click and collect for argos, halfords and euro car parts. I think that's about it. Never used it for shopping or the home delivery for supermarket stuff. The other half quite likes shopping plus a lot we do quite a lot of shopping and lidl which don't offer it.
 Click & collect - R.P.
Used Tesco Home Delivery once only - that was back in around 2000 - I was so busy in the run up to Christmas it was the only way to do it. Went well..
 Click & collect - smokie
... and don;t forget to use Home Delivery if self-catering holidaying anywhere in the UK for your groceries. A few years back we hired a log cabin thing in the middle of a camp site near Looe and they brought it all right to our door. Also done it in Scotland, when there for the Fringe.
Latest Forum Posts