Non-motoring > John McCririck - RIP Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 13

John McCririck - RIP - VxFan
Got this straight from the horses mouth.

Legendary racing pundit dies aged 79

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/48881290

John McCririck - RIP - No FM2R
Awful man.
>> Awful man.

Actually, I found some of his antics hilarious.

He was a hoot on Celeb Big Brother, and also on Celebrity Wife Swap with Edwina Currie.

Ironically the only thing I didn't like was all the tic tac horse betting stuff he did.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 5 Jul 19 at 12:41
 John McCririck - RIP - sooty123
I can't say I watched him on much at all, but he was the most recognised person to do with horse racing.
 John McCririck - RIP - Bromptonaut
Fallen at the last fence?

No interest in horse racing and not keen on the public persona he chose to project elsewhere.
 John McCririck - RIP - R.P.
What Mark says !
 John McCririck - RIP - Zero
Some people are not missed
 John McCririck - RIP - Manatee
Back in the 90s I used to go to an annual corporate event at Beverley races. It became a tradition that McCririck and John Francome did a double act between lunch and racing that I came to look forward to.

He seemed OK to me but I don't think I saw any more than the persona and the pundit. That he knew a lot about racing is not in doubt.
 John McCririck - RIP - Robin O'Reliant
I watch a lot of racing and I never took to him that much, he tended to grate. Then there was his self-entitled childish whining when Channel 4 "Sacked" him - they didn't, his contract came to an end and they decided not to renew it. Though he was no worse in that respect than Jimmy Young and Dave Lee Travis when they were similarly put out to grass for being stale and dated.
 John McCririck - RIP - Duncan
He had an irritating habit of addressing a colleague as 'female', or was it 'woman'?
>> He had an irritating habit of addressing a colleague as 'female', or was it 'woman'?

His wife of 48 years (nicknamed "the booby") put up with his chauvinistic ways all those years.

Booby = a South American bird that is stupid, incredibly easy to catch and squawks a lot.

John McCririck - RIP - No FM2R
>> Booby = a South American bird that is stupid, incredibly easy to catch and squawks
>> a lot.

I believe in the UK they are referred to as "Brexiteers".
 John McCririck - RIP - bathtub tom
>> I believe in the UK they are referred to as "Brexiteers".

That'll be the majority of those that bothered to vote. We're doomed, all doomed!
>> I believe in the UK they are referred to as "Brexiteers".

Subtle, very subtle indeed!
Latest Forum Posts