Non-motoring > Anthony Grainger Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 9

Anthony Grainger - No FM2R
www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-48948209

"Anthony Grainger's partner Gail Hadfield-Grainger said his death "could and should have been prevented""

Well, not nicking the car in the first place would probably have helped.
 Anthony Grainger - Robin O'Reliant
And presumably, armed or not if anyone had objected to Mr Grainger and his chum taking their property they'd have used whatever violence necessary to relieve them of it.

I have little sympathy for professional criminals, they are parasites who leech off the rest of us.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Thu 11 Jul 19 at 19:04
 Anthony Grainger - sooty123
It would, but reading that report the police hardly covered themselves in glory.
 Anthony Grainger - No FM2R
No, indeed they did not.

But I can't find any sympathy in me for Grainger. He held the key to his continued survival. His girlfriend saying that it's the police's fault essentially for not accurately guessing which crime he would commit next doesn't really fill me with grief for the loss.
 Anthony Grainger - sooty123
He did but then others held that key as well. I don't know him never heard of him so not that bothered either way about his death per se.

I've not read the exact moments of the shooting but I'll assume they gave him fair warning to stay still etc, you'd have to be pretty stupid to dive around inside the car after that.
 Anthony Grainger - Bromptonaut
>> www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-48948209
>>
>> "Anthony Grainger's partner Gail Hadfield-Grainger said his death "could and should have been prevented""
>>
>> Well, not nicking the car in the first place would probably have helped.

Did he nick the car or was he just a passenger in a nicked car?
 Anthony Grainger - R.P.
Reported as passenger in the car by radio news earlier, of course doesn't reduce his liability for "being carried in a stolen vehicle" if he knew it had been nicked. Police operation needed to be squeaky clean, it wasn't and he died as a consequence. Not exactly good news for any firearms' Officer really is it.
 Anthony Grainger - Netsur
Criminal from an early age.

No loss to society. Saved us a fortune.
 Anthony Grainger - BiggerBadderDave
I feel so sorry for the family involved, having to deal with all that trauma.

Perhaps we should start a crowd funding campaign to get that windscreen replaced?
 Anthony Grainger - Bromptonaut
According to the Inquiry Report Grainger had a record for dishonesty and vehicle crime. He had no history of violence or firearms (though his associates may have).

The 'intel' used to brief the officers involved in what became the shooting was seriously deficient and I think even Grainger's partner, who gave a very dignified interview on the radio this morning, accepts the Q9 is not to blame.

The full report of the inquiry, a very long read, is here:

tinyurl.com/y4akyqvt (pdf on .gov website)

The summary in section D is a good primer on the facts.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Fri 12 Jul 19 at 08:21
Latest Forum Posts