Non-motoring > Govia Thameslink fined £1m over train window death Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 5

Govia Thameslink fined £1m over train window death - smokie
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49016151

I just thought I'd post this just for those of you, especially and railway buffs, who may not be aware that if you stick your head out of the window of a moving train, it may get knocked off. We owe it to ourselves and our fellow humans to spread the message far and wide.

I know there are signs telling you that but apparently they are not necessarily prominent enough. And Govia are probably still recruiting for the window monitors to guard each window.

But if you do stick your head out of the window and it gets knocked off you can be reassured that the Coroner will not say what a stupid berk you were, nor will he consider making an order against you for the cost of the disruption to the railway services and other peoples lives.

It did surprise me that he didn't provide helpful advice on which languages the signs should be created in....
 Govia Thameslink fined £1m over train window death - Manatee
I raised an eyebrow at this too. Hell of an implication for anybody who runs anything that a user could hurt themselves with.

Will the Canal and River Trust be told to fit barriers on all their riverbanks and towpaths?
 Govia Thameslink fined £1m over train window death - tyrednemotional
>>
>> It did surprise me that he didn't provide helpful advice on which languages the signs
>> should be created in....
>>

...I particularly like "E pericoloso sporgersi" - so let's include that...

;-)

(An odd ruling, given he was a railway buff, should have been very aware of the potential danger, and, at least in most places, the loading gauge clearance allowance to the trackside means you have to be a good way out before anything "interferes" - ISTR 2ft on the outside)
 Govia Thameslink fined £1m over train window death - Dulwich Estate II
One for Zero and those with very long memories of schoolboy times:

Do Not Clean Soot Off the Window
 Govia Thameslink fined £1m over train window death - Zero
youtu.be/tQslnmcHOeM?t=56

Seriously, everyone knows that you stick your head out a train window you are going to lose it.

Anyone that does, and does, well sorry thats just tough luck.

How about this girl

www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/people/film-tells-how-hampshire-girl-17-is-lucky-to-be-here-after-railway-trespass-electrocution-1-8987644

Claims she was never told that stepping on electric railway lines was dangerous,
 Govia Thameslink fined £1m over train window death - R.P.
Claims she was never told that stepping on electric railway lines was dangerous,

I blame it on the decline of Blue Peter.
Latest Forum Posts