Non-motoring > Swinson elected leader Miscellaneous
Thread Author: The Melting Snowman Replies: 8

Swinson elected leader - The Melting Snowman
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49076118

Maybe now it's time for Corbyn to go?
 Swinson elected leader - Bromptonaut
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49076118
>>
>> Maybe now it's time for Corbyn to go?

I think it is. As I've said before my instincts are for the Labour of Crosland, Healey and Hattersley but I'm not actually convinced Corbyn is advocating anything that wasn't mainstream Labour 40years ago. Corbyn's problem he that he's not cut out for leadership, brilliant campaigner as he showed in 2017 but not a Leader.
 Swinson elected leader - sooty123
I don't think a new leader for the LD will change much to do with JC and his leadership of Labour. This won't suddenly make him resign.
 Swinson elected leader - Bobby
Swinson has a tough gig.

Stats flying round showing she voted for all the Tory austerity and benefit cuts etc.
Supported the tuition fees
Wrote an article supporting a statue to Thatcher.

Will be hard to now profess to be anything other than Tory!
 Swinson elected leader - Robin O'Reliant
>> Corbyn's problem he that he's not cut out for leadership, brilliant
>> campaigner as he showed in 2017 but not a Leader.
>>

I wouldn't say he is anything more than an adequate campaigner at best. He was made to appear good in 2017 because the Tory campaign was an unbelievable car crash.
 Swinson elected leader - No FM2R
Agreed.
 Swinson elected leader - smokie
Who would follow Corbyn then? I can't see any more greats in the Labour party than the Tories - i.e. none.

That Emily Thornberry seems to have a quite likeable side to her though, if that's the qualification.
 Swinson elected leader - helicopter
Keir Starmer would be my bet to give them a bit more clout as a leader ,but what do I care as long as they do not elect Diane Abbot or get into power.
 Swinson elected leader - R.P.
Corbyn seems very subdued in TV interviews of late. Doesn't look very well actually. Kier Starmer is one of the few statesmen that either main party has now that Tom Watson appears to be dis-credited.
Latest Forum Posts