Non-motoring > No. 238 Car Deals
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 12

No. 238 - No FM2R
If I may join in......

Women who cannot even begin looking for the money in their purse in their handbag at the bottom of their shopping bag until they have been asked to pay.

And when they eventually manage to retrieve it, then peer in their purse as if the contents are a constant surprise before counting out each little coin with the thumb and middle finger only. Get to within 1p of the correct amount, realise they haven't got that last penny and then put it all back in their purse and pay with notes.

And that's assuming you haven't also been through the credit card PIN chaos somewhere in the middle of that process.
 No. 238 - Fullchat
Don't forget - then sifting through a purse full of coupons for a 10p discount voucher :(
Last edited by: Fullchat on Mon 29 Jul 19 at 22:12
 No. 238 - tyrednemotional
....didn't even know the current Mrs TnE had been to Chile.......
 No. 238 - No FM2R
Yeah, she said she wasn't going to tell you.
 No. 238 - Bromptonaut
Drove me to distraction as a commuter. I had timings to a tee so I left house on dot of eight for train at 08:25. Few minutes in hand for contingencies like traffic lights or nearly full station car park. Into station and enter newsagent's shop. Pick up Guardian and join queue ; just need to pay £2 I have in change and get train.

Bloke in front wants 20 B&H but not on shelf, After questions and head scratching he chooses Embassy instead.Oh and some matches in case he needs to light his fags, and perhaps he'll have a tube of Polo's too.

That'll be £8.62 sir. He then looks utterly gobsmacked that payment may be required and ferrets in pocket/rucksack for wallet, purse or debit card......

It's just worse with women because handbags with multiple compartments add complication.
 No. 238 - Duncan
It used to drive me insane, when queuing at the airport car park ticket machine to pay. When the woman in front of me - it always seemed to be a woman - eventually got to the front of the queue, seemed to say to herself 'Oh! It wants me to put a ticket into the machine!. Where is that ticket, I am sure I have it somewhere. Ah! There it is, right put it in the machine. Now what? The machine wants money? What ever next?'

It happened so many times.

I don't know why I am so placid.
 No. 238 - No FM2R

>> I don't know why I am so placid.

I guess some of us are just naturally tolerant types.
 No. 238 - zippy
>>
>> I guess some of us are just naturally tolerant types.
>>

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
 No. 238 - No FM2R
How cruel.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHjKzr6tLz0&t=47s
 No. 238 - BiggerBadderDave
"Women who cannot even begin looking for the money in their purse in their handbag at the bottom of their shopping bag until they have been asked to pay.

And when they eventually manage to retrieve it, then peer in their purse as if the contents are a constant surprise before counting out each little coin with the thumb and middle finger only. Get to within 1p of the correct amount, realise they haven't got that last penny and then put it all back in their purse and pay with notes."

All the above, but while paying the bus driver.
 No. 238 - henry k
>>All the above, but while paying the bus driver.

Cash got banned years ago. Pay by plastic or wave a freebe card. :-)
 No. 238 - henry k
There is the other delay tactic.
"Somewhere in the bottom of my big shopping bag I have a collection of plastic bags that need fishing out, the desired one selected and then carefully opened each time."
At the same time discussing the process to all within earshot.
 No. 238 - neiltoo
Drive through ATM instructions:

Please note that this Bank is installing new "Drive-through" ATM machines enabling customers to withdraw cash without leaving their vehicles. Customers using this new facility are requested to use the procedures outlined below when accessing their accounts. Different procedures for men and women have been developed after months of careful research. Please follow the appropriate steps for your gender.

MEN:
1. Drive up to the cash machine.
2. Put down your car window.
3. Insert card into machine and enter PIN.
4. Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.
5. Retrieve card, cash and receipt.
6. Put window up.
7. Drive off.

LADIES:
1. Drive up to cash machine.
2. Reverse and back up the required amount to align car window with the machine.
3. Set parking brake, put the window down.
4. Find handbag, remove all contents onto passenger seat to locate card.
5. Turn the radio down.
6. Attempt to insert card into machine.
7. Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its excessive distance from the car.
8. Insert card.
9. Re-insert card the right way up.
10. Dig through handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the inside back page.
11. Enter PIN.
12. Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.
13. Enter amount of cash required.
14. Check make up in rear view mirror.
15. Retrieve cash and receipt.
16. Empty handbag again to locate wallet and place cash inside.
17. Place receipt in back of cheque book.
18. Re-check make-up again.
19. Drive forward 2 feet.
20. Reverse back to cash machine.
21. Retrieve card.
22. Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and place card into the slot provided.
23. Give appropriate one-fingered hand signal to irate male driver queuing behind.
24. Restart stalled engine and pull off.
25. Drive for 2 to 3 miles.
26. Release Parking Brake.
Latest Forum Posts