Non-motoring > Cardiff City Footballer - New Development Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 3

Cardiff City Footballer - New Development - Bromptonaut
AAIB have today published a second interim report into the crash off Guernsey that killed footballer Emiliano Sana.

New fact emerging in report is that Sana's blood contained massive (ie close to fatal) concentration of Carbon Monoxide. Given layout of aircraft it is unlikely that pilot would have been unaffected.

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5d53ea15e5274a42d19b6c2e/AAIB_S2-2019_N264DB.pdf
 Cardiff City Footballer - New Development - zippy
I guess the saving grace is that they probably didn't know what was happening.
 Cardiff City Footballer - New Development - Bromptonaut
>> I guess the saving grace is that they probably didn't know what was happening.

CO poisoning is a bit like being sloshed. Guess that's better than being compos mentis while your pilot looses control and flies you into aqua firma.

There are though said to be multiple questions arising about whether the aircraft was properly maintained. That is in addition to whether pilot was up to snuff in any circumstances never mind those prevailing on the night.

More weight on the shoulders of whoever arranged the charter........
 Cardiff City Footballer - New Development - Robin O'Reliant
>> >> I guess the saving grace is that they probably didn't know what was happening.
>>
>>
>> >>
Sana apparently sent texts during the flight saying he was scared stiff as the plane felt like it was falling to bits.

There has been a massive display of hypocrisy from Cardiff City over the man's death. First it was loads of tears and hand wringing because "He was one of our own, a blue through and through and we'll always remember him", despite him never having kicked a ball for the club. Then when his selling club Nantes wanted their fifteen million quid transfer fee, "Well he wasn't really one of ours yet, it wasn't quite settled and we are not going to pay".

As far as I know it is going through the courts.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Thu 15 Aug 19 at 22:07
Latest Forum Posts