Non-motoring > Estate agents Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 3

Estate agents - Crankcase
What a quandary. I might have mentioned on another thread we were playing with the idea of moving, so I've now had the house valued.

Things is, in our village almost all the houses are completely different. Not much turnover either, as I guess people come and stay a long time.

Anyway, I had two valuations, expecting them to be within a spit of one another, and I'd split the difference. However, one has come in WAY over the other, as in £125k difference. That seems a totally different bracket in this part of the world.

Both agents had a sheaf of supporting properties sold recently-ish in the area-ish to support their cases.

So - get a third opinion, or split it, with whichever agent I pick then complaining it's priced way too low/too hig? Try it at the huge price, then watch it come down for years without selling? Try it the low price, perhaps watch it fly out the door and think forever after we could have had 100k more?

What to do, wise ones?

Edit: should add both agents are within fifty yards of me in either direction, and both have been in business here for decades. There isn't a third one locally.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Wed 21 Aug 19 at 19:52
 Estate agents - Lygonos
What would you pay for it?

Then add 50 grand.
 Estate agents - legacylad
Once you decide on a price put up your own For Sale sign outside. Unless you live at the end of a cul de sac.
I sold my last house by putting a small advert in Saturday’s Yorkshire Post. Two years ago when I sold my deceased Aunts flat I approached 3 agents. One said they had a buyer waiting for such a property, so I offered to pay 0.75% + vat commission just for putting me in touch. The result was a quick sale and happy faces all round.
 Estate agents - R.P.
Try Purple Bricks for a price - they don't charge a percentage of the price sold, just a flat rate, so have more interest in not artificially inflating an asking price.
Latest Forum Posts