Non-motoring > A most Waitrose product Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 12

A most Waitrose product - CGNorwich
Shopping there this morning and spotted “Passion Flower and Green Tea Ironing Water”

Surely the most quintessential Waitrose item. Bet you can’t get that down Lidl. :-)
 A most Waitrose product - MD
I went to Aldi last week for the first and last time. A brand new shop and the whole experience was awful. Chavsville in fact. Popped 100 yards down the road to a brand new Lidl and wow what a difference.
 A most Waitrose product - Netsur
That's funny because near us Lidl is the chav shop and Aldi is seriously upmarket.
 A most Waitrose product - CGNorwich
>> That's funny because near us Lidl is the chav shop and Aldi is seriously upmarket.
>>
>>
Not if they don't sell perfumed ironing water it isn't
:-)
 A most Waitrose product - Bromptonaut
>> I went to Aldi last week for the first and last time. A brand new
>> shop and the whole experience was awful. Chavsville in fact.

How does the chavsville thing manifest itself?

Does it affect the quality of the goods on offer?

There are now five Aldi stores I might use depending on what else I'm doing at time. I'd guess, based on contents of car park, dress etc that the clientele at Towcester is much more ABC1 then at St James in Northampton.

Can't say it affects my shopping experience though.

I'm on nodding terms with a staff member at one store, neither of the two mentioned above, who explained that stock can vary from store to store. There is an element of regionalisation and regions have some latitude to offer extra stock lines. We're on a boundary and the five stores mentioned are spread over three regions.
 A most Waitrose product - sooty123
Can't say it affects my shopping experience though.
>>

Likewise, I couldn't care less who is in the shop before, after or the same time as me. Not sure why anyone would.
 A most Waitrose product - bathtub tom
An ALDI near me is very chavvy, but I think that's because of the area it's in. I've seen kids ride bikes and scooters around the aisles and on one visit a guy had a fag hanging out of his mouth. The alcohol is kept under lock and key. Fortunately there's a couple more nearby and a choice of several LIDL.
Where abouts is that?
 A most Waitrose product - bathtub tom
>> Where abouts is that?

Church Lane, Bedford.
 A most Waitrose product - Crankcase
Coincidentally, I was looking at a report on the local news website about "things overheard in Waitrose".

Actually I think it's a bit meanspirited as a piece, but nonetheless, here's a link. Woe betide you though if you don't run ad and tracker blockers, as in common with all these local news sites it's infested with stuff. My blockers (ad block plus and Ghostery) report 25 ads and 14 trackers on this page alone.

Anyway, here 'tis:

www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/hilarious-things-overheard-waitrose-cambridgeshire-16811622
Last edited by: Crankcase on Sun 25 Aug 19 at 17:34
I thought it was quite funny.
 A most Waitrose product - Duncan
I couldn't see what was wrong.
 A most Waitrose product - Robin O'Reliant
Another exclusive from ace reporter Phil Space.
Latest Forum Posts