Non-motoring > someone nicked the bog Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 24

someone nicked the bog - Zero
Words come back to haunt you

An 18-carat solid gold toilet has been stolen in a burglary overnight at Blenheim Palace.
A gang broke into the Oxfordshire palace at about 04:50 BST and stole the artwork, Thames Valley Police said.
The working toilet - entitled America, which visitors had been invited to use - has not been found but a 66-year-old man has been arrested.
The burglary caused "significant damage and flooding" because the toilet was plumbed into the building, police said.
It was part of an exhibition by Italian conceptual artist Maurizio Cattelan that opened on Thursday.
The 18th Century stately home is a World Heritage Site and the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. It is currently closed while investigations continue.

Speaking last month, Edward Spencer-Churchill - half-brother of the current Duke of Marlborough - said he was relaxed about security for the artwork.
"It's not going to be the easiest thing to nick," he said.
 someone nicked the bog - VxFan
Police thought they'd found the culprit, but were throne off the scent by someone using toilet duck to cover their tracks.

Now they have nothing to go on.
 someone nicked the bog - Robin O'Reliant
What crap luck.
 someone nicked the bog - CGNorwich

>> "It's not going to be the easiest thing to nick," he said.
>>
Must be round the bend to think that.
hoping to flush out the miscreants.
 someone nicked the bog - Robin O'Reliant
They broke in in the wee small hours.
 someone nicked the bog - zippy
£4.8 million!

You'd need to spend an awful lot of pennies to make it worth it!
 someone nicked the bog - henry k
>> hoping to flush out the miscreants.
>>
Its panned out well for them so far.
 someone nicked the bog - No FM2R
The thieves must be feeling flushed with their success.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sat 14 Sep 19 at 23:14
 someone nicked the bog - CGNorwich
You’ll be relieved to know the boys in Bloo have arrested a man after a chain of similar thefts. He has had several previous brushes with the police. Apparently in mitigation he claimed was addicted to drinking Harpic. He said it had sent him clean round the bend
 someone nicked the bog - henry k
Three more had a hand in it ?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-50071192

someone nicked the bog - Bromptonaut
>> Three more had a hand in it ?
>>
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-50071192

Link in that story goes to another article - this time with a motoring link:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48387010

Question posed is "Why are there sex shops on the A1?"
 someone nicked the bog - bathtub tom
There's a sex shop on the A1 near me. Usually never go past it as if I'm going North, I join at a junction North of it and if I'm going South, I join at a junction South of it.
A pub nearby has (allegedly) become a swingers hotel. Shame, because it used to be a decent drinking hole.
Perhaps Zeddo can comment, as IIRC he was once asked for a review of a sex shop?
I used to ply the A1 about thrice weekly in the early 2000's* and watched the sex shops appear as the little chefs disappeared. The Swingers Hotel I guess is the Anchor at Church End and the sex shop is the old little chef just before it next to the filling station (Esso?) just past the place where you can buy life size stone Elephants and Giraffes.

The A1 really is the road of sex, the Fox inn, (next to the old Little Chef at Colsterworth - now an OK! Diner) is apparently where truckers pick up all the local transvestites - some not so local I understand. The road also has a shed load of dogging spots.

*Surrey burbs to Stamford and or Newark
 someone nicked the bog - sooty123
Is that the one before the black cat?
The Very same
Not exactly discreet is it.
does it need to be?
No
 someone nicked the bog - Kevin
>I used to ply the A1 about thrice weekly..

>The A1 really is the road of sex, the Fox inn, (next to the old Little Chef at Colsterworth - now an OK! Diner) is
>apparently where truckers pick up all the local transvestites - some not so local I understand.

Any from Surrey? Just asking ya' know.
Do you know some then? Just asking,
I do know one. He was the team lead for AIX security in Austin while I was there. Damn good software engineer who got some vile online abuse when it became known that he was preparing for the op.

I'm pretty sure that some of the hostesses in a bar I was taken to in Bangkok were 'ladyboys'. I wonder if Ginny would have vetoed my expenses if she'd known.
Ginny has a rather large Adams apple I note.
Well, she's certainly got big enough balls to ignore all the demands for her to accept responsibility for her dismal performance. PBC4 candidate but she's still coining it in despite the sell-offs, old-timer RAs and share price only held up by buy-backs.
 someone nicked the bog - bathtub tom
>>The Swingers Hotel I guess is
>> the Anchor at Church End and the sex shop is the old little chef just
>> before it next to the filling station (Esso?)

Spot on! A boat owner I know's very disgruntled at losing a favorite watering hole.
Latest Forum Posts