Non-motoring > Rugby World Cup Car Deals
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 26

Rugby World Cup - No FM2R
Anybody else watching it?

I keep getting up at 4:00am to do so. Some good matches - Enjoyed Wales v Australia and Wales v Fiji

England games haven't been so good. England v Argentina was a boring game that England won easily. England v France on Saturday, that ought to be a good game.

Scotland v Japan on Sunday should be a great game. Japan are pretty good, and beat Ireland but Scotland need to win with a bonus point.
 Rugby World Cup - sherlock47
At least here in France the start time is a reasonable 10.00 for the early games.

Unfortunately the local Bar owner has made so much money from the expats that he has gone to Japan to watch France live, and closed the bar for 3 weeks. Normally for an England - France fixture, (Soccer or Rugby) we form patriotic groups on either side of the Bar. This Saturday we will be hosted by a very good english provider of bacon sarnies, with a large TV.
5:15am for us, and also watching at a local bar with an English Breakfast.

It's a rubbish time though; far too late to stay out and carry on drinking from Friday night and far too early to start drinking on a Saturday.

Consequently it'll be endless cups of tea.

Then Wales v Uruguay on Sunday at 5.15 - slightly worrying that I am watching it with 5 other Welshmen. I suspect that one way or another alcohol will feature.

I'll probably stay for Japan v Scotland at 7:45 as well, I do like an interesting match where I am neutral.

Rugby World Cup - Duncan
England have got the results they wanted, but I felt they should have been much more clinical. wales are doing ok, but Scotland are having a struggle.

On paper, England should walk over France on Saturday, but they make me very nervous.

I can watch games at my local sports and social club, my rugby club, or at home. So far I have watched all of them at home. Full English is available at all three venues!
 Rugby World Cup - R.P.
Scotland and Japan should be interesting. Japan has played very well so far. Wales struggled with Fiji today.Watching that match as I type.
Fiji are a hard team and played hard. There'll be some sore limbs and muscles in the morning.

I find watching Wales play a very tense thing. I shall enjoy the game between Scotland and Japan much more.
 Rugby World Cup - R.P.
It can get very tense here....!
Fortunately we are surrounded by Chileans so the finer parts of our vocabulary escapes them.

Rugby World Cup - Duncan
Typhoon could cancel games at the weekend. England France, Scotland Japan. If so, Scotland are out of the World Cup.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49984703
 Rugby World Cup - Duncan
England game off.
New Zealand off.
Scotland probably on.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49995604
That's a pity.
Japan v Scotland was a great match to watch, and a hard match! 28 - 21, Scotland on their way home. Although if they'd played like that the whole time they wouldn't be.

Wales 35 v Uruguay 13 wasn't such a great match, but at least we got the result fairly convincingly.
Perhaps it's just as well I'm not down the bar watching this. 10-19 & Wales playing like a bunch of Sunday afternoon amateurs. FFS.
 Rugby World Cup - Zero
>> Perhaps it's just as well I'm not down the bar watching this. 10-19 & Wales
>> playing like a bunch of Sunday afternoon amateurs. FFS.

BBC report says

France are swarming all over Wales like an outbreak of head lice in a primary school.
I don't know why I watch it. I find it enormously stressful and just end up wandering around unable to sit down. "mincing" apparently, i have just been told.
 Rugby World Cup - Runfer D'Hills
Well, anything that distracts you from playing children's computer games for a while has to be good at some level, you'd think anyway?
;-)

BTW, I'm just about to go and play on my bike...
 Rugby World Cup - Netsur
Try watching ManCity when they are not playing well.... It's not a pretty sight on the stands...
 Rugby World Cup - R.P.
Phew.
 Rugby World Cup - Zero
Blimey, that was pretty bloodthirsty.
It wasn't pretty, but I'll take it.

Fried breakfast and then SA v Japan which I will enjoy much more.
 Rugby World Cup - R.P.
Mrs RP was up to watch it. I stayed in bed (not been 100%) - she came through to tell me the half time score...I dodged the lounge to get some breakfast...came in to watch the last few minutes in time to see that try. Maybe the WRU should pay me to stay in bed.
#1 daughter watches with me.

#2 daughter gets up for the between-game fried breakfast and then goes back to bed.
 Rugby World Cup - Duncan
>>came in to watch the last few minutes in time to see that try.
>>

Except that it wasn't a try. It was a forward pass.

Is it deja vu all over again? Do you support Wales? If so, why?
Well the power cut started at 0910 local time - that p****d off the the local bar owner who was looking to pay off his holiday debts having just returned from Japan :)

So everybody left the bar and went home. 4G Hotspot set up, watched on Tablet, faultless feed from ITV Hub without any geo-restriction which surprised me. Worth watching to see the French expressions by the end. The red-carded individual will have lost some friends.

However the batteries were fading by the next game - and needless to say the battery packs were nearly flat. The only way to watch anything was to go to the car to charge the phone. Global warming - eat your heart out.

2 hours of torrential rain avoided - I could not have got back from the bar it was so heavy.

Power not back to us until 16.00.
Get a Chromecast, keep it in your pocket for when you need it. The easiest way to watch something from your phone/tablet cast onto a television and you can plug it into more or less any modern television.

And it doesn't constantly link through your phone, provided there is WiFi so it doesn't do much to your battery. 6 hours of ITV earlier took 10% off my phone battery.

Not great for a power cut, of course.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sun 20 Oct 19 at 16:28
 Rugby World Cup - Duncan
>>
>> Power not back to us until 16.00.
>>

Where's this?
France 34230
Latest Forum Posts