Non-motoring > Missing Children in the UK Company Cars
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 9

Missing Children in the UK - No FM2R
Every year 140,000 children go missing in the UK. After 12 months 1,400 are still missing.

I haven't got a particular point, I just didn't know that. It's shocking.
 Missing Children in the UK - R.P.
It's awful. A fair percent of the 1400 will have come to some sort of sticky end. I suppose It is still reasonably easy to off-grid as a child or adult if you choose.
 Missing Children in the UK - Netsur
Some classed as children will be 16 -18 years old, so quite possibly leaving of their own accord to avoid family strife.

I wonder what percentage are abducted and never return as opposed to other unsavoury ends. Always rumours of this sort of thing.
 Missing Children in the UK - R.P.
I also wonder how accurate the stats are. The Police record them and no doubt, in the case of looked after children, Social Services do - no doubt LAs and individual Police Forces have different ways of recording and reporting. Is there a plus or minus slip...

What's the source of the data you found Mark
 Missing Children in the UK - Bromptonaut
My other question would be how many disappear either abroad or in UK with a 'non custodial' parent.

I believe that the vast majority of 'child abductions' in UK come under that heading.
>>My other question would be how many disappear either abroad or in UK with a 'non custodial' parent.

Don't know, don't care, doesn't make it any better.

It could be half the above amount, and the remainder is still shocking.
 Missing Children in the UK - Bromptonaut
>> Don't know, don't care, doesn't make it any better.

It's just one answer as to where some of the 1400 might be. Better than being trafficked for whatever purpose?

>> It could be half the above amount, and the remainder is still shocking.

Agree.
>>Better than being trafficked for whatever purpose?

Yes, I guess that is true. Though I'd go for "less s***" rather than any type of "better".
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 27 Nov 19 at 15:37
>>What's the source of the data you found Mark

I don't remember. It was a side comment in an article I was reading. If I remember what the article was I'll look it up.

As for accuracy, I cannot imagine that they would be hugely inaccurate.
More than you could possibly want to know....

www.missingpeople.org.uk/latest-news/1018-missing-people-publishes-latest-uk-statistics.html

missingpersons.police.uk/cy-gb/news/information-on-the-number-of-people-who-go-missing

missingchildreneurope.eu/annual-reports/categoryid/0

globalmissingkids.org/awareness/missing-children-statistics/
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 27 Nov 19 at 15:36
Latest Forum Posts