Non-motoring > Insurance Company a***s Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 18

Insurance Company a***s - zippy
The dog was ill on Friday night (about 2 AM). She jumped off the bed (I know) and we heard a yelp followed by distressed wimpering. She could not stand (tried and fell over) and was shaking.

We called the vet and they said they would open up so we could take her in.

Turns out she had broken one of her back legs - probably jumping awkwardly.

She needed a small operation and stayed there Saturday and we picked her up Sunday.

All is well and she is now on the mend, though feeling very sorry for herself.

The bill was just shy of £500, so we called our pet insurance company this morning. I won't name names, but they are an international company with a supposedly good reputation (the policy is 5 star Defaqto and costs £65 a month).

They just didn't want to know as the treatment and surgery wasn't pre-approved - difficult to do at 2 in the morning when their hours are 08:00 to 20:00. They just would not accept the explanation and refused to send out a claim form.

Spoke to the vet this morning when we took her back for a check up and he was horrified. A call to the insurers vet representative whilst we were there sorted it out but it shouldn't have been like that.
 Insurance Company a***s - Zero
Your policy should have provision for emergency cover post authorised.
>> Your policy should have provision for emergency cover post authorised.
>>

It did, but it's buried in the small print and I didn't see it before the call. I guess that I got someone not very experienced or someone who got out of the wrong side of bed this morning.
 Insurance Company a***s - Bobby
£65 a month.

Ouch!

What type/age/ history?
Lhasa Apso, 8 1/2, Some dental issues previously but nothing else.

Best buy for a 5* lifetime policy at the time.
Last edited by: zippy on Mon 16 Dec 19 at 18:23
It's an unhealthy breed with a shortish life span, if you had a non lifetime policy they would be pricing you out of insurance about now
>> It's an unhealthy breed with a shortish life span, if you had a non lifetime
>> policy they would be pricing you out of insurance about now
>>

I know.

Considering the joy and comfort she gives to Mrs Z, she is worth every penny.

The welcome home that I get from the fur ball is quite after spending a few days away is quite something.
 Insurance Company a***s - No FM2R

>> Considering the joy and comfort she gives to Mrs Z, she is worth every penny.

The perfect answer.
>> Considering the joy and comfort she gives to Mrs Z, she is worth every penny.
>>
>>
>> The welcome home that I get from the fur ball is quite after spending a
>> few days away is quite something.

Friend of mine has just bought a wonderful golden retriever girl puppy for his wife, its utterly gorgeous. Tragically he has discovered his wife has a severe allergic reaction to dogs, so he is going to have find a new home for her.

If anyone is interested or knows of a good home, her name is Christine, she is 49 years old, nice figure, can cook and drive and look after kids, and is good company.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 17 Dec 19 at 07:30
 Insurance Company a***s - Duncan
You home yet?
got home yesterday afternoon. Bring the Beemer back wil you.
 Insurance Company a***s - tyrednemotional
...he's taken it for a replacement exhaust.....
 Insurance Company a***s - Duncan
It broke.
 Insurance Company a***s - R.P.
Complain to the company in writing. Wait for their response - then complain to the Financial Services Ombudsman. They're being unreasonable despite what they claim and their terms and conditions.Worth a punt as it costs them money every time there's a finding in favour of a complainant. May focus their pen-pushing minds.
 Insurance Company a***s - smokie
Whoosh...
 Insurance Company a***s - Crankcase
>> May focus their pen-pushing minds.

Wouldn't that just focus their minds on increasing premiums for everyone else to recover the fines, as with all fines paid by companies?

Or am I just cynical?

You're right, but sometimes the "right" thing to do is expensive.
 Insurance Company a***s - MD
Volvo :-)

Only joking Rob. Merry Xmas..
Hahahaha.
Latest Forum Posts