Non-motoring > Would you employ this bloke? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 17

Would you employ this bloke? - Zero
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7829009/Anti-Brexit-lawyer-Jolyon-Maugham-battered-fox-death-bat-faces-RSPCA-investigation.html

Talk about incriminate yourself
 Would you employ this bloke? - CGNorwich
Certainly unwise in the Age of Twitter and animal rights nuts but I don’t think he incriminated himself as I doubt very much that he commited a crime.
 Would you employ this bloke? - sooty123
Who's to say he even did it? Might be trying to make some point or another or simple attention seeking.
 Would you employ this bloke? - CGNorwich
I realise we are in the era where facts and truth no longer seem to exist but when a barrister says something publicly I’m inclined to believe them. Old fashioned I know.
 Would you employ this bloke? - No FM2R
>>when a barrister says something publicly

There's also that all too frequent gap between what someone said and what someone is reported to have said.
 Would you employ this bloke? - Dog
Okay... How about Remainiacs then.

:o)
>> I realise we are in the era where facts and truth no longer seem to
>> exist but when a barrister says something publicly I’m inclined to believe them. Old fashioned
>> I know.
>>

TBH I find both possibilities equally odd.
 Would you employ this bloke? - Bromptonaut
>> TBH I find both possibilities equally odd.

Tweets etc imply fox was less than overjoyed with human intervention and may have been injured while trapped in fence. In another place/time it'd have had its brains blown out with a shotgun but a barrister at his London gaff isn't likely to have either a licence or a gun.

I cannot see it as anything other than a factual account.
 Would you employ this bloke? - Zero

>> I cannot see it as anything other than a factual account.

Probably, but most sensible people would keep their trap shut.
I cannot see it as anything other than a factual account.
>>

Granted I'm only a simple chap used to plain and simple English but I don't see how 'already this morning I've killed a fox with a baseball bat. How's your boxing day going? ' is there to do anything other than create a reaction.
Tax lawyer with hen coop kills fox that's after the hens.

Is it really even news?
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Fri 27 Dec 19 at 15:10
Remoaner lawyer kills fox ... now that's news.

:o}
 Would you employ this bloke? - No FM2R
>>Remoaner lawyer kills fox

Dear God, will you ever let that old and tired argument go? And the silly nicknames with it.
This should be here. Probably my end as I'm having trouble with my internet connection:

Okay... How about Remainiacs then.

:o)
>> Remoaner lawyer kills fox ... now that's news.
>>
>> :o}

For all I'm irritated by the label I suspect if it wasn't for his activity around Brexit this wouldn't have got above the 'noise floor'.
 Would you employ this bloke? - Kevin
How stupid can some folks get?

Only questions now are whether clubbing a fox to death with a baseball bat could be considered a 'humane' killing (I wouldn't unless it was seriously injured) and whether it's a wise move to admit that your only justification for owning the bat is to use it as a weapon.

Perhaps he need to talk to his lawyer.
Last edited by: Kevin on Fri 27 Dec 19 at 20:07
 Would you employ this bloke? - slowdown avenue
I bet his chickens were cheering him on
He won't be prosecuted:

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/05/jolyon-maugham-will-not-prosecuted-clubbing-fox-death-kimono
Latest Forum Posts