Non-motoring > The Revolutionary Road..Iran on a bike. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 5

The Revolutionary Road..Iran on a bike. - R.P.
Lois Pryce, lone female motorcyclist road the length of Iran in 2015. Wrote a book about the trip. The Revolutionary Road - excellent read, not much about the bike or the actual ride, but a damn good insight into a country some of us may know very little about.

I was fascinated by this
www.bbc.com/travel/story/20180926-an-ancient-engineering-feat-that-harnessed-the-wind
 The Revolutionary Road..Iran on a bike. - John Boy
I bought the book after reading your post, R.P. I only got round to reading it earlier this year, really enjoyed it and certainly found it a"good insight" into the country, tempered, of course, by what's happening there now.

I lent the book to someone else and he returned it with a copy of "Red Tape and White Knuckles" about her trip through Africa, which I'm reading at the moment.

There's an interview with Lois on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE1LWtypWFE

The Revolutionary Road..Iran on a bike. - sooty123
www.waterstones.com/book/city-of-lies/ramita-navai/9781780225128

A good book about Iran, a series of short stories.
 The Revolutionary Road..Iran on a bike. - legacylad
Until a few years ago, and in my ignorance, I didn’t know that Persia became Iran.

A good friend of my ex went on a holiday with myself and friends, and she always describes herself as Persian, despite being born in Pakistan. Possibly the most intelligent person I’ve ever met...spoke several languages, and her knowledge of ME affairs was truly amazing.

Rather than go down the local bars in Spain as is my normal CV, evenings were spent in cerebrally challenging ( for me) discussions on ME religions, politics, social etiquette and made me wish I’d had the courage to travel in that part of the world 40 years ago.
 The Revolutionary Road..Iran on a bike. - Dog
>>Until a few years ago, and in my ignorance, I didn't know that Persia became Iran

Reminds of my sister's boy who said his partner (working) was from Iran, but his parents were from Persia.
 The Revolutionary Road..Iran on a bike. - zippy
I have mentioned on here before, when I was at school Mum and Dad hosted a number of refugees from the Islamic Revolution in Iran. They stayed for a short while before being relocated.

Mum also did some translation for them and for the Govt.

Lovely people, escaping what would have been certain death.
Latest Forum Posts