Non-motoring > Caroline Flack Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 15

Caroline Flack - VxFan
I can't recall watching anything she's presented, or been in, but it seems such a waste of a young life at only 40 yrs old.

Committed suicide apparently.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51517973

RIP
 Caroline Flack - The Melting Snowman
Yes very sad. Maybe the worry of her impending trial was too much for her.
 Caroline Flack - zippy
>>Committed suicide apparently.

Dreadful shame.

The kids love the type of show she was on.

Seems she was going to trial for assault. Perhaps the worry got too much?
 Caroline Flack - No FM2R
Caroline Flack's last written but not posted Instagram message...

All very sad and several people should be ashamed of themselves, especially whoever this was.. "that someone SOLD to a newspaper". Also the newspaper, and also the readers that keep those newspapers going.

But not the CPS, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place on domestic abuse cases.

""For a lot of people, being arrested for common assault is an extreme way to have some sort of spiritual awakening but for me it's become the normal.

I've been pressing the snooze button on many stresses in my life - for my whole life. I've accepted shame and toxic opinions on my life for over 10 years and yet told myself it's all part of my job. No complaining.

The problem with brushing things under the carpet is they are still there and one day someone is going to lift that carpet up and all you are going to feel is shame and embarrassment.

On December the 12th 2019 I was arrested for common assault on my boyfriend. Within 24 hours my whole world and future was swept from under my feet and all the walls that I had taken so long to build around me collapsed. I am suddenly on a different kind of stage and everyone is watching it happen.

I have always taken responsibility for what happened that night. Even on the night. But the truth is... It was an accident.

I've been having some sort of emotional breakdown for a very long time.

But I am NOT a domestic abuser. We had an argument and an accident happened. An accident. The blood that someone SOLD to a newspaper was MY blood and that was something very sad and very personal.

The reason I am talking today is because my family can't take anymore. I've lost my job. My home. My ability to speak. And the truth has been taken out of my hands and used as entertainment.

I can't spend every day hidden away being told not to say or speak to anyone.

I'm so sorry to my family for what I have brought upon them and for what my friends have had to go through.

I'm not thinking about 'how I'm going to get my career back.' I'm thinking about how I'm going to get mine and my family's life back.""
 Caroline Flack - Bromptonaut
>> But not the CPS, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place on domestic
>> abuse cases.

Spot on.
 Caroline Flack - Zero
I am having trouble summoning up any sympathy here. We have a woman with not much talent or skills, who has made a life and career out of being seen and spoken about, being in the public eye, and using all the social media tools, press to be there. Fame

Its with some irony that she realised she was not controlling or using the same, but part of it, part of that subtle shift from fame to infamy. In death Her friends are now clamouring for laws to control the same outlets, outlets she was happy to manipulate when alive.

When are people going to realise that if you use social media, its going to bite you. Always does there is no lack of tragic examples.
 Caroline Flack - No FM2R
I agree with much of what you say.

Ultimately though it remains sad when someone kills themselves simply because they could no longer cope.

I disagree as much with the newspapers and it's readers making heroes as I disagree with them tearing them down again.

I always wonder if I am the only person who remembers the Sun tearing into Princess Diana only four days before they made her a virginal saint and their "Queen of Hearts"; [vomit].

I absolutely do not believe the media should be controlled by the law, beyond the basics. They should be controlled by worrying about the revulsion of their public if they become cheap and sordid.

Sadly though, their audience seeks cheap and sordid and is willing to pay for it.
 Caroline Flack - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>>
>> I always wonder if I am the only person who remembers the Sun tearing into
>> Princess Diana only four days before they made her a virginal saint and their "Queen
>> of Hearts"; [vomit].
>>
>>
>>
I do remember it and the rampant hypocrisy that followed her death. They are doing the same thing to Megan Markle now, having built her up as much as they could they are now extending the mileage they get from her by tearing her down again. It's the way the tabloids work, and as Rebekah Brooks was quoted as saying by one of her former journalists, "Our job is to destroy people's lives".
 Caroline Flack - No FM2R
I knew Rebekah Brooks and her boss. If ever two people deserved each other.....
 Caroline Flack - No FM2R
>>When are people going to realise that if you use social media, its going to bite you. Always does there is no lack of tragic examples.

You could say the same about Heroin. It's been 146 years and they haven't got it yet.
 Caroline Flack - Lygonos
>>You could say the same about Heroin. It's been 146 years and they haven't got it yet.

Originally marketed by Bayer as the "non-addictive morphine substitute"
 Caroline Flack - Fullchat
"When are people going to realise that if you use social media, its going to bite you. Always does there is no lack of tragic examples"

And in this cossetted self indulgent snowflake word the first sign of adversity is too much to handle.

Positive Action for DV - male or female. How many females have said they wish to withdraw complaints having had time to contemplate their futures and take what they feel is the less painful path? When really it isn't in the long term. Male DV is statistically less (reported) but nevertheless equally bad.

I was listening yesterday to LBC for an extended period as I changed the brakes on daughters car in the drive. Some of the discussion revolved around a) Whether Love Island should continue its present series b)Whether the contestants should be informed about Caroline's demise and how it should be conducted and possible consequences. Really!!!!!!???? Psychologists interviewed and giving advice.

Very tragic but, well. There are so many other tragedies in the world. Its all gone OTT.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Wed 19 Feb 20 at 18:16
 Caroline Flack - bathtub tom
Noel Edmonds show managed to kill a member of the public - resulting in it going off air.

Jeremy Kyle had a 'guest' commit suicide - resulting in it going off air.

Love Island's now had three suicides - ................................................
 Caroline Flack - Terry
I never watched any of her programs (they fell in my generic "garbage" category) but she clearly had some talent in front of camera.

But her rise to "fame" was largely down to a symbiotic relationship between herself and the media - she gave them column inches and sales, they gave her exposure.

She committed the assault she was charged with. It should come as no surprise that the media reported it widely to increase sales, and her twitter followers and facebook friends gossiped.

The sad thing is that after 20 years in the limelight she did not realise she had no god given right to success and adulation. And despite her "very good friends" protesting how awful it all was, she felt unable, and her "friends" were incapable, of providing her with support in her time of need.
 Caroline Flack - BiggerBadderDave
Never watched that program, takes a lot more than a bimbo in a tiny bikini to commit my precious time to any tv series.

I did prick up my ears when I heard she was 40 though.
 Caroline Flack - tyrednemotional
>>
>> prick up my ears
>>

...for most normal people, a physical impossibility....

;-)
Latest Forum Posts