Non-motoring > SKY TV Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 16

SKY TV - Roger.
I'm breaking a habit and actually thinking of paying (shock, horror) for some alternative TV.
I have both Freesat and Freeview at present, served into 9 year old Samsung smart TV. (NOW TV is not supported on this age of Samsung).
I'm looking at the basic SKY Entertainment package plus Multiroom +, which will give me a mini box for our bedroom Samsung none-smart TV (Freeview only and breaking up in rainy weather due to the long cable run, I think) and HD on SKY's own Channels. Cost is £37 monthly pus a £40 one off fee.
Is it worth it?
 SKY TV - CGNorwich
I guess only you can say. Depends on what you like to watch and how long you spend watching TV.
 SKY TV - Zero
>> I guess only you can say. Depends on what you like to watch and how
>> long you spend watching TV.

He wants 7x24 fox news.
 SKY TV - sherlock47
and are you sure that 9 year old Samsung smart TV is Full HD anyway?

The only good thing about ageing is, as the cataracts kick in, 720p pictures become almost tolerable :)

Why not buy a Firestick for additional rubbish, providing your Internet speed is upto it.
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Sun 23 Feb 20 at 18:02
 SKY TV - Haywain
"He wants 7x24 fox news."

Get yer Fox news 'ere ......... www.lcfc.com

For free!
 SKY TV - tyrednemotional
...left wing or right wing....?
 SKY TV - Haywain
"...left wing or right wing....?"

Well, I'm a mid-fielder.
 SKY TV - Zero
He wants this one

www.foxnews.com/
 SKY TV - sooty123
Won't one of the Now tv boxes that plug in work?
 SKY TV - zippy
Our Sky package is going.

It is rising after 3 years from £36 to £59 per month.

I will miss the Q box though as I don't think there is anything similar on the market?
 SKY TV - Falkirk Bairn
Last year I was paying SKY £110 for TV/Phone & BB, they bumped it to £126.
I phoned and cancelled which did not meet with approval of SWMBO. 31 days notice

2 weeks later they phoned me and we settled on £66.99 - I gave up Cinema (£11)
Essentials, SkySports, UHD, mini box in bedroom.

A son pays less than me but he had the nerve to sit without any SKY for 4/5 weeks - he pays £50 inc Skysports, UHD mini box & Fibre BB
 SKY TV - maltrap
I have Sky Q +multiroom & a 2TB box. The multiroom is great. no co-ax cables running all over the place. Skytalk includes calls to mobiles. Broadband & line rental + Skysport.
The bad part is it costs £98 a month. Probably a lot cheaper to new subscribers
 SKY TV - Falkirk Bairn
Maltrap - that is what I have for £67!
When contract expires phone up & cancel - 31 days notice - they will call you in 10-20 days -
£67 is better than the option of £0 if you go elsewhere
 SKY TV - Dave_
>> The bad part is it costs £98 a month. Probably a lot cheaper to new subscribers

Not necessarily. We moved house in Aug and can't get Virgin here. Signed up to Sky for £110pm for everything in 3 rooms.
 SKY TV - sooty123
I think my mate pays something like that, but gets broadband and mobile as well.
 SKY TV - maltrap
Sky are probably aware that you can't get Virgin in your area.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 9 Mar 20 at 02:28
 SKY TV - Dulwich Estate II
I don't understand these these high prices you are all paying. We've had Sky HD with Sports and some sort of general package for maybe 10 years+. Each time it comes up for renewal I haggle - just renewed and currently paying £42 pm.
Latest Forum Posts