Non-motoring > Budget 2020 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sooty123 Replies: 9

Budget 2020 - sooty123
Not seen much of the detail, but it seems a heavy spend in infrastructure budget. No great tax increase either. The new chancellor seemed to get a good write up in his performance but not actually seen in action yet, so I'll reserve judgement.
 Budget 2020 - CGNorwich
Fiscal rectitude right out of the window. Spend today for tomorrow we die. :-)
 Budget 2020 - Haywain
"Spend today for tomorrow we die."

What with the advancing coronavirus and the advancing years, Mrs H and I went to discuss updating our wills with the solicitor this morning. Not that I'm a glass half-empty sort of bloke........
 The Chancellor's box of tricks... - Dulwich Estate II
"" "Spend today for tomorrow we die."

What with the advancing coronavirus and the advancing years, Mrs H and I went to discuss updating our wills with the solicitor this morning. Not that I'm a glass half-empty sort of bloke..... ""

Ditto, but content to DIY. I've studied a lot of web info and carefully inspected the solicitor written wills of 3 relatives and I'm confident of the result. The trouble is the witnesses huffing and puffing over you as the signature is witnessed.
 The Chancellor's box of tricks... - smokie
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5svPcT5tpmg
 The Chancellor's box of tricks... - zippy
"On a green note, the chancellor is going to plant 30,000 hectares of trees, ('a forest the size of
Birmingham'). "

I didn't hear this right when it was first mentioned as I was concentrating on something else and it registered as "going to replace Birmingham by a forest"!

The Chancellor's box of tricks... - PeterS
>> I didn't hear this right when it was first mentioned as I was concentrating on
>> something else and it registered as "going to replace Birmingham by a forest"!

Which would be more than paid for by the saving on the no longer required HS2 ;)
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 11 Mar 20 at 19:52
 The Chancellor's box of tricks... - tyrednemotional
>>...... and it registered as "going to replace Birmingham by a forest"!

...he might even get my vote if he did that.......

Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 11 Mar 20 at 19:52
 The Chancellor's box of tricks... - Zero
It was once till they threw it all in the forges
 The Chancellor's box of tricks... - CGNorwich
The only large city in the UK I have never been to although I did visit Solihull John Lewis once.
I imagine it to be much as depicted in Peaky Blinders.
Latest Forum Posts