Non-motoring > Wine Delivery Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 25

Wine Delivery - CGNorwich
Wine stocks running perilously low here so have been researching on line wine merchants. I have use Waitrose Cellar in the past but their website not accepting payment although they seem to be open for orders.

Anyway decide to try elsewhere and came across VInatis, a French Company. Excellent selection of mainly French wines at a range of prices from about £6/7 a bottle upwards. Decent website. Free deliver on orders over £150. Placed an order yesterday. They say 3 days to process order.

Might not have any food left but at least I'll have claret.

Wine Delivery - R.P.
Been with Naked Wines for the last few years. In fact I'm one of their "Angels" - the beer ain't half bad either.
Naked wines not taking orders for new customers.
 Wine Delivery - Haywain
Since last summer, I've been ordering wine directly from Portugal at portugalvineyards.com
They have been very reliable and the wine, which I buy in 12bottle cases (mixed how you like), has taken 2 weeks from ordering to delivery. Delivery cost adds about £1 per bottle.
 Wine Delivery - Clk Sec
>> Wine stocks running perilously low here so have been researching on line wine merchants.

Do you have a nearby Waitrose? Ours was fully stocked with vino when I shopped there yesterday, and I've not been aware of any noticeably low stocks over the last few weeks, either.

The only empty shelves were those usually stocked with toilet rolls - although plenty of kitchen paper available, if absolutely necessary!

Last edited by: Clk Sec on Sun 29 Mar 20 at 08:36
 Wine Delivery - Zero

>> Do you have a nearby Waitrose? Ours was fully stocked with vino when I shopped
>> there yesterday, and I've not been aware of any noticeably low stocks over the last
>> few weeks, either.

Nope, booze is not an issue here.
 Wine Delivery - legacylad
Being a social ( pub) drinker I very rarely drink at home, despite always having beer, wine & gin in stock. Most of which is years old. I’m still in quarantine for a few more days after returning from Spain, and a kind neighbour brings me fresh produce. In yesterday’s delivery were 2 bottles of wine. £6 each. Ye Gods. I’m used to paying €2.19 at Lidl. As good a reason as any to have a dry April.
On the plus side I’ve almost emptied my small freezer compartment....just 2 sausages and 2 burgers remain. They’ve probably been in there at least 6 months. A few frozen peas and oven chips keeping them company.
Lots of bananas and apples being delivered by my neighbour, and fresh spinach, carrots & broccoli to accompany the Olde frozen stuff.
Yes I do have a Waitrose but I am trying not to go out unnecessarily. You know like the Government says. Food delivery expected tomorrow which means good for another ten day. If I do have to eventually venture into a supermarket it will be a quick in and out. Don’t want to linger around the wine shelves.
 Wine Delivery - legacylad
Very wise CGN. I know people who pop to the supermarket every few days simply to buy a few more bottles of booze. What is up with these people?
When I do eventually go out to buy food, I might wear my marigolds in the local Coop and look a right plonker ( pun intended)
Last edited by: legacylad on Sun 29 Mar 20 at 10:37
 Wine Delivery - Clk Sec
<< You know like the Government says.

Of course I know. If I could only get a delivery slot with any supermarket in the land, I would follow your fine example!
Waitrose are to limit their deoveries to those on the Governmnet Vulnerable list or who are over 70. They will check orders against the list plus data they already hold via the My Waitrose card. If you are in one of these categories you might be able to get a slot when they reopen their site.

I placed my order two weeks ago.
 Wine Delivery - smokie
I have a Tesco delivery coming shortly. I signed up for it again when in Portugal and managed to get one slot. I'm going to cancel as it's pointless paying a 6 month sub.

Anyway I was restricted to a max of three of each item when I compiled the order. Seeing as I deposited* my beer stock before going away I have ordered 3 Crafty Hen, 3 King Goblin, 3 Abbot Reserve and so on. It seemed happy to add them to my basket and take the money but I wonder what will arrive...

(There was some food on the order too!!)

* depleted
Last edited by: smokie on Sun 29 Mar 20 at 14:05
Waitrose slots available now. Just placed our next order
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Sun 29 Mar 20 at 12:02
 Wine Delivery - smokie
Tesco just arrived, one or two substitutions but we pretty much got what we asked for - including lots of beer!! (Some stuff wasn't available to add to the list e.g. butter, flour, eggs but we got loo roll and loads of fresh fruit and veg.)
 Wine Delivery - Clk Sec
>> Waitrose slots available now. Just >>placed our next order
>>

Tried that as I am within the vulnerable age group, but do not have a medical condition that makes me 'Extremely Vulnerable' to the virus. And I ain't gonna tell no porkies - so it looks like business as usual, again.
Same category as me then but it allows me in OK. It gets age information from your “My Waitrose card” I understand. Assuming you have one and you entered your age correctly when you applied it should allow you to order.
 Wine Delivery - Clk Sec
>>your “My Waitrose card” I understand. Assuming you have one and you entered your age correctly when you applied it should allow you to order.<<

It was a long time ago when I applied, but assuming that giving one's age wasn't absolutely necessary, I likely didn't give it. unfortunately, I can't find any way of accessing my original registration details to make a suitable adjustment, so I'll persevere elsewhere.

Thanks.
 Wine Delivery - PeterS
>> >>your “My Waitrose card” I understand. Assuming you have one and you entered your age
>> correctly when you applied it should allow you to order.<<
>>
>> It was a long time ago when I applied, but assuming that giving one's age
>> wasn't absolutely necessary, I likely didn't give it. unfortunately, I can't find any way of
>> accessing my original registration details to make a suitable adjustment, so I'll persevere elsewhere.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>>

You could try emailing them: customerserviceteam@waitrose.co.uk

They responded pretty quickly when I wanted to amend a delivery address on an existing order last week... diverting it to my parents!
 Wine Delivery - Clk Sec

>> You could try emailing them: >>customerserviceteam@waitrose.co.uk
>> They responded pretty quickly

I sent an email to mywaitrose@waitrose.co.uk an hour ago but the automated response didn't sound too promising, so I'll resend to customer services.

Thanks.
 Wine Delivery - sooty123
>> << You know like the Government says.
>>
>> Of course I know. If I could only get a delivery slot with any supermarket
>> in the land, I would follow your fine example!
>>

Much the same here, can't get one for weeks.
 Wine Delivery - PeterS
I successfully placed a couple of orders on waitrosecellar in the week without problem. Mind you, the order I’d placed the previous week was delivered late and incorrectly. The outer box had my address, but the delivery note inside had a different one, and also included a Mother’s Day message! Someone didn’t get their Mother’s Day present... Or, they got my order and were very happy - I’d ordered a case of Bollinger, and got a case of Shiraz...
 Wine Delivery - Ambo
Our local Majestic delivers as far as the kitchen table but I have not tried this recently. When I last tried Waitrose Cellar, they refused to supply unless there was someone to take delivery - they won't "Leave in porch" etc. Laithwaite were asked to leave the box in a shed lean-to but instead delivered to the back garden patio and left the box in the pouring rain to disintegrate.
 Wine Delivery - PeterS
Strange...waitrosecellar have alway been happy or ‘leave in porch’ for me, though unsurprisingly this time I was actually in :)
 Wine Delivery - R.P.
Isn't Naked Wines owned by Majestic. Never been a big wine drinker, but not averse to an ice cold white now and again. I rather like beer, especially the explosion of local IPAs - I really hope they survive
Waitrose Cellar allows you to place an order and even allows you to “pay” accepting your card and right put to confirmation of the card by your own bank. You then get an error message showing a glass of spilled wine and says they are working on the problem.
 Wine Delivery - devonite
Before I started with my ckd I used to regularly make a few brews of "country wine! - rhubarb, tea, elder flower/berry etc, and Cumberland brandy! just as a hobby and our own use. Then the missus started taking odd bottles to her "girly Friday night gatherings" and it wasn't long before people were coming to the house to see what I had, and if I would sell then a bottle or two! - the Cumberland brandy was a must, and I had to have three demi-john loads on the go almost permanently! Then I started ckd and couldn't drink it anymore, so gave over, now is the time to maybe brew myself a treat?
Latest Forum Posts