Non-motoring > Gtech Hylite Cordless Vacuum Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 10

Gtech Hylite Cordless Vacuum - Ambo
Can anyone owning one of these comment on their performance please? At about £129 and very
light, they seem to be ok although the Which? review on them says they may not be suitable for large houses.
 Gtech Hylite Cordless Vacuum - Robin O'Reliant
I got one a couple of years ago. Dust capacity is too small and needs emptying twice when we do the lounge, no tools so you can't get into the corners. I've since bought a Shark corded which is so much better, the Gtech only comes out for the occasional run over the tiled kitchen floor.

I wouldn't bother.
 Gtech Hylite Cordless Vacuum - Dog
This is what we use: www.bosch-home.co.uk/bosch-innovations/athlet

Brill - I'd buy the same again. Also have 2 Miele's, 1 Vax pet, and a partridge in a pear tree but, find the Bosch sooo easy to use. Works well too.
Thanks, God. There are several Athlet models. Could you kindly let me know the product code for the version you have please?
Well Ambo, it's a Bosch Athlet Power. 25.2 volt 65 min run time 3 speed jobbie.

I reckon this is the nearest to my one, which I've had for a few years now and is still going strong.

www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-BBH62860-Cordless-Bagless-Cleaner/dp/B07PYF3CZW/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=bosch+athlet+all+floor&qid=1585579937&sr=8-4
 Gtech Hylite Cordless Vacuum - legacylad
My GTech is the AirRam model which I bought in 2013. 3 months after purchase it broke, was replaced and has been going strong ever since. I find it a great piece of kit on rugs and carpets.

Returning from Spain I fully charged it, but it wouldn’t switch on. Probably a switch problem. Then a day later it came on in the middle of the night. I almost s*** the bed!
It obviously didn’t like being left alone for a few months. Should be used to it by now.
Last edited by: legacylad on Mon 30 Mar 20 at 16:18
 Gtech Hylite Cordless Vacuum - Lygonos
Also have a GTech AirRam.

5 or 6 years old still going strong.

Plus: does whole house easily on a charge (5 beds, 3 big sitting rooms), works well on the stairs, lightweight, no bag to change.

Minus: quite noisy especially on hard floors in our hall and kitchen, better on carpet or bigger rooms (less echoing I guess), needs emptied after each going over of the house.

Plus or minus: depending if you like tinkering it needs the filter cleaned every month or so, and the bar de-haired if your daughter is moulting.

I like it - the noise is my biggest gripe.
 Gtech Hylite Cordless Vacuum - legacylad
>> Also have a GTech AirRam.
>>
>> I like it - the noise is my biggest gripe.
>>
Especially at 3AM on a tiled floor in a large open extension with bedroom door wide open.
 Gtech Hylite Cordless Vacuum - CGNorwich
Thanks, God. There are several Athlet models.

Just read that without my specs Thought it said, "God. There are several Atheist models". :-)

All now clear.
Found it: www.bosch-home.co.uk/product-list/exclusive/BBH65ATHGB
Many thanks for the link.
Latest Forum Posts